Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Almost shot myself.......

One night while I was still a patrol officer we got a call of a burglary in progress. Me and one other guy get to the home, and while checking the outside find a side window on the house open.
The senses go into overdrive as we can hear people talking in low voices from inside the home. I climb inside and drop into a bedroom and can still hear the low voices although I can't make out what they are saying. The officer that arrives with me can not get himself up and into the window as he was carrying quite a midsection, and tells me to wait on some more officers. Thinking that if these people are here they must be hiding and if the burglar finds them before I stop him no telling what he will do.
So I creep up to the door and clear the hallway or so I thought. I step out and in the low light see a flash of movement to my left, I turn, face the threat, gun drawn and begin shouting commands, it is then I see the threat is also armed and less than 5 feet from me. I move left keeping my weapon trained on the suspect, he moves left, I duck down he ducks down, my mind racing pull the trigger slack, breath control, aim center mass, all this occurring in a matter of seconds, and just as the trigger begins to release the hammer for the shot I realize I'm looking into a stand up mirror at the end of the hall:rofl: I did not put a bullet into the mirror after all but I had the trigger pulled so far back that when I let it go it reset!!!!!! If you needed a laugh there is one at my expense:biggrin: Oh and the low voices we heard was the TV, they left it on so any burglar's would think someone was home:rofl::rofl:

blown me away for sure!!

Thanks for the post! Funny as heck and you had to feel silly...after cleaning yourself up a bit!!:rofl:

Ohhhhhhh yea real silly when I got outside and the officer I came with was all wide eyed, asking where is he? I did not hear a shot and I had to explain I was yelling at myself.:shrug:

It appears that for a few moments, you figured that you were in the fight for your life! :rofl: :rofl: We have a full length mirror on the door of our master bathroom and feel assured that everytime I go in there in the future that I will remember this story. :rofl: Thanks for posting this story, I enjoyed it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

glad it wuz only a mirror!:rofl: Ain't it funny how our minds can play on our senses!

Good story Lawman!

Glad ya'll enjoyed one of the not so high points in my career:biggrin: Thanks for the thanks Wayne. Ya'll enjoy the holidays and stay safe.

were about to state you interupted some bedroom romance going on! Funny story Lawman. Glad you finally recognized yourself though! :)

to explain to my chief that I shot my reflection :shrug:

n/t