Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"ALLLLL ABOARD THE SS WINDSTAR!!!!!!!!!"

Sgt. Silverman

Captains Log: 2013 AD

It was a chilly morning when I set sail for the unknown. Down to a skeleton crew, a young maiden approached me before I boarded my rickety ship the "SS Windstar" and requested that I employ her two young daughters. I had known this fair maiden MANY years ;) (17 years to the date of today in fact :) )and was a wee bit apprehensive at first. I inquired if these young damsels were surly, in which she replied, "Perhaps....perhaps not. But they are treasure seekers". Aye, surly or not, I would take these young damsels' into my care, for how could I not employ fellow treasure hunters! I dubbed them, "Daddy's-Dainty-Diggers". (Ah, delicious alliteration).
When we landed ashore, the eager damsels dismounted the SS Windstar and quickly began assisting me searching for Gold, Silver, and all coins alike. After 15 minutes of searching, and a bountiful load of shiny worthless objects, alas, the damsels eagerness began to wane. Far off in the distance, a slide and jungle gym taunted and beckoned them. Succumbing to the temptation, the fair damsels fled their treasure hunter duties and opted for a far more exciting adventure...
As I stood mystified, I felt I was having a momentary lapse of reasoning... "Shouldn't I have made them walk the plank? A Captain needs to ensure his crew completes the mission or he will never be respected again... or then again, maybe I should just smile and live vicariously through their untainted youth."
Upon my return to the fair maidens home with the damsels in tow, I informed the sprightly woman who was their mother, that I would indeed take the damsels to a Father-daughter dance this evening in full regalia. I was told there might be buffalo wings, a temptation I will ultimately succumb to I am quite sure... :)

Until next time, please be sure to tune into Captain Silvermans' (I've been promoted) tiny adventures aboard the SS Windstar...Thanks for reading and have a Blessed weekend!

Greg

Great story Greg and it seems about right too. My grandkids have an attention span of several seconds and would do exactly as you have so well described.

But I will still take them anyhow.

I had three of them on one of our goldfields and they stuck at it for hours that day. There was no other attraction to grab their attention as we were in Australia's out back where you rarely see another human. And, guess what, all of them found a gold nugget that day. They were all small pieces but they were as excited as if they had found the Welcome Stranger nugget.

I'll be watching for further Windstar Adventues Captain.

Keep em coming. Glad you and the girls had fun. Congrats on the promotion too!

competition in the tales written about detecting expeditions! An enjoyable and interesting tale of the SS Windstar and its wee Damsels! ;) :) :angel: Ma