Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ALLIGATORS LIKE GOLD IS WHERE YOU FINDS THEM!!

Cupajo

Francitas, Texas is located between the east and west branches of the Carancahua River. A few miles down stream the two branches combine into the main river and continue on down to Carancahua Bay, which in turn empties into Matagorda Bay. The east branch was the most accessible with a good boat launch and a swimming hole, rope swing and all. A few daring young fools even dove off the bridge that spanned the river 20 yards or so away from the swimming hole. I can remember a couple of them that climbed to the top of the structure some 25 to 30 feet above the water and jumping in. There was no way to know how deep the water was below the bridge or what might be lurking down there.

I had been told be an older friend that there were alligators in that river. I can

in the southern part of Bexar County just south of San Antonio. I hear tell that they can be mean tempered and it is best to just leave them alone if you would happen to come across one while fishing or hiking in the area. When I was a young boy, a friend of mine had a small baby alligator as a pet. It had been given to him by some kin folks that lived over near the Gulf Coast and they had somehow caught it along some river while fishing. He kept it in a glass fish tank and it was a mean little animal...would hiss at us while trying to bite us if you put your hand down to touch it. He finally got rid of it by trading it to one of the Salazar's brothers and they in turn released in a local stock tank somewhere down near Three Rivers, Texas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)