Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Allergies

Shooter65

Hi guys. I'm looking to buy a new MD and was looking really hard at a MXT 300 with that new 12" coil. I've been checking the forums and trying to find out whether or not this machine was good for Gold or Silver as in rings, coins or nuggets and for a while thought the MXT had an allergy to gold and silver. Saw lots of great finds and deep finds but not to much mention of G&S. Saw the one about a class ring and it was a dandy as well as one gold coin also a dandy. A hunting buddy of mine has a DFX and an MXT and he seems to miss out on rings too but I'm a kindofa dig all targets fella. He's found one ring this past season and I've found 23 and not even trying. Just happened. I haven't hunted beaches, in fact have never found a ring in the sand. Can anyone shed any light on these thoughts. Is the MXT a good ring machine. How well does it grab onto a silver coin or spoon etc.????????? HELP!!!!!!

I have found some silver with my MXT even a couple of silver nuggets. But let me say this the MXT is one of the best gold finding machines out there. I have used it to prospect for a couple of years now. Used to use the GMT and still have it but it sets in the closet most of the time, the MXT took its place. MXT + 6X10 DD = GMT. and the GMT is a great gold finding detector, but the MXT offers such versatility in hunting and has greater coil selections.:thumbup:

GOLD FOUND WITH MXT:

Awesome nuggets Bob. Have you hit any rings with it???? We don't have to many nuggets back here in Wisconsin but lots of rings. The MXT should make a great machine for going out west next year too.

The MXT will dind Gold and silver rings. I have been using the MXT since April 2008 and found 2 rings in my back yard and 2 at tot lots.

The MXT will find gold, silver, and rings. BELIEVE IT! The more likely reason(s) your buddy hasn't been finding rings could be due to 1. too much discrimination, 2. too much reliance on the display and assuming trash rather than digging, and 3. just plain not passing the coil over the spot a ring is hiding. I know that I have missed some goodies due to reasons #1 and 2. Especially #2.
BB

If it will pick up on small gold nuggets then a gold ring is no problem, or a silver ring...........:thumbup:

The MXT finds many silver coins, rings, etc. It sings out at gold also. Even the smallest of gold. If you look back at past posts when the weather was more desirable for detecting.......you'll see for yourself what has been found. It's quite amazing. But remember one thing. Your coil has got to be over the target. HH to all, Nancy

I agree with BarberBill 100 percent. I have found gold and silver rings and bunches of junk rings with my MXT. HH Dennis in Idaho

That just about does it kids. I'm sold and am going to order an MXT 300 next week. Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated and seems to be right on with the comments that a dealer and very competent detectorist passed on to me and we will be working the field on fur trade items this coming summer from the 1600's to about 1760. He also told me this would be a good relic machine with great depth. Thanks again, Tom

Here's a few rings, believe me the MXT has no problem with gold rings. In most cases the rings are a surprise. I don't dig all signals but do like the odd numbers. The last 3 were a 14, 12 and 40. We don't find more rings because we don't dig enough trash. I wasn't digging any zinc pennies the last two times out, yet the large gold ring you see that is my avatar registered as a zinc because of its size. Rob

Nice bunch of rings Rob,....:thumbup:

Thanks to all you folks' help, I'm a new MXT 300 owner. I made the decision this afternoon and ordered one. Now I'll be on pins and needles waiting for it to get here.:jump: By the way, those are some really nice rings Rob.:beers: Hope I can do the same. To you Hillbilly Bob, the info you provided was a great help and appreciate it very much.:please:

n/t

No problem glade to help, I hope you enjoy owning your new MXT as much as I enjoy mine. You might consider a couple different coils to make your hunting more versatile.....:detecting:......:thumbup:

The 6 X 10 DD Eclipse for prospecting and coin and jewelry and relic hunting,or the 10" EXcelerator for coin, jewelry and relic hunting, and the 4 X 6 DD Eclipse or the 5.3 Eclipse for the trashy areas. :thumbup:

The EX 10"DD is a good choice for general use, but don't forget the White's D2 10" if you can get it at a bargain price or afford the higher price tag.

Asking which coil you should start out with will evoke different opinions from the guys and gals. I too have my preferences. You need a small coil to work high trash areas, like in parks, playgrounds etc. Some folks like the small White's 4x6 which I to started out with, but I wanted something with a bigger foot print so I switched to the Excelerator 4.5x7 DD, which I feel has better depth than the 4x6. I have since changed to the 6" DD Excelerator for its depth and ground coverage. The White's 6x10 is a great all around coil which works pretty well in high trash areas, if you go slow, and out in the open. It is a very popular coil and I use it often. As for a larger coil I am now using the 10x12 SEF Excelerator and love it for its depth and ground coverage, but there are some other choices like the new White's 10" DD and the 10" DD Excelerator. I have not used the White's 10" DD but some of the guys have and they seem to like it. All in all you can go crazy deciding on which coil to get when first starting out. I think the White's 6x10 DD would be a great choice hands down. JMHO Dennis in Idaho