Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Allergic to bees? :stretcher: Good to have when detecting

Sgt. Silverman

Just a quick bit of information to all; I recently got into beekeeping and will be getting my first hive in the spring. (Hopefully) So, in preparation for the spring, I had heard that there is a coupon for Free Epipens. (A smart thing to have handy when being a beekeeper). I called my PCP today, asked for a prescription over the phone and they called it into CVS. I printed off this coupon here and received my Free Epipens this evening.

So, not sure if any of you are allergic to bees but these folks are offering free epipens until the end of December of this year. (Note: I had to use my regular insurance card, but was able to get the $0 co-pay on the auto injectors) Definitely a good thing to have when detecting, regardless if you're allergic or not., as you may may run across someone who might be.

Have a Blessed week everyone.

Greg

if one is in that situation. When out in the wilds detecting and one gets stung it sure would be helpful. Thanks for the heads up ! Steve in so la

Thanks for sharing this! I sent the link to my brother because he is allergic to bees.

Will stick to doing maple syrup for a while. Could have had a hive of bees for you this fall while detecting we found a big comb full of bees on the ground that fell from a tree.

Went to the website and did the mini test and found that no one who gets Medicare or Medicaid qualifies for the discount card.

Will have to check this out with our insurance and the local Meijer store. Would be great to have when beach detecting, just in case someone needed it.
I always wanted to try out bee keeping but I don't believe our township will allow it. Although I do know that one of my neighbors did it back in the 70's. He would take the honeycomb to a friend that would run it through a centrifuge for him. He said it was the best honey he ever had. Keep us posted on how it goes.

the sting and it will pull out the poison. An old guy I knew worked to kill rattle snakes during the depression. He said cotton pickers that got snake bit put chewing tobacco on the bite, tied it off and kept on picking.