Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All Silver Day!

FarmerJ

I went to an old pond that is drained this time of year. Came up with a lot of silver compared to my normal day. 1958 silver quarter, 1937 mercury dime, ring, and silver necklace, lastly a 2000 French Polynesian coin. Also found about a buck in change. I love finding those old coins!

I started tumbling my basic coins from my finds and haven't quite got the grit correct. I've read to use just basic beach sand and soap as well as walnut shells but haven't tried either. Help any one? I can get them clean but they don't have that polished "natural" look. That's what I'm trying for without a major effort on my part..

WTG FarmerJ,
That is one sweet days hunt, congrats!!! They all look to be in great shape as well. Definitely want to hit it again, this time at different angles.
Can't help you with the tumbling, never done it.
Look forward to some more posts and pix.
HH,
Bunker

I've tummbled a few batches of coins in my tumbler.I use water,fishtank gravel,and dish soap.Two hours or more seems to work for me.Some say to tumble for 10 hours.Two hours gets them clean enough to cash in.I reuse the gravel over again.

In the Tumbler ....Lint from the catch in the dryer works great. Soap and water with it. And yes the ring had a .925 stamp along with the necklace.

Glad that worked Farmer!
Bunker