Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

all metal mode

mac9955

I'm a beginner in all metal mode, can someone tell me what those high pitch sounds with the 00 06 or similar numbers are? i know high pitch high numbers are, but it's the high pitch low numbers I'm missing. can someone please help?
Regards
Mike

I've found a lot of foil with those numbers. You have to dig it to make sure though because gold falls in that numeric area.

They are the very small gold baby rings and the very thin gold stuff. I don't know what they sound like in conductivity mode as I don't hunt in conductivity mode. So I can't say what tone they have. In the Ferrious mode the tone is low not the hi scream you get with a bottle cap. Look at your bottle cap range ( you know the ones that go on beer bottles not the screw on ones or maybe I should say Crowncaps). Screw caps read 6 fer,27 cond or 7-27.and have a high tone in ferrious. In all the years I have run the Exp's I have never hunted in anything other then all metal and Ferrious mode. So I don't know what you are talking about when you say foil has a high tone. I never dug any foil that gave a high tone and I never dug any foil in the 00-06 range that I can even remember. Foil is a low tone. I guess I just don't know what I am talking about. Rusty crown caps down here scream high tone at you and it is a very hig scream that you know to just pass up. I use the digital mode and never did like the cursor unless I ran a Xs . Never could see the damn crosshairs that good so when the 2 came out started to use the digital as I can see them numbers better. I have switched to Cursor on the ll and the SE and when it is jumping around in the numbers it is jumping around in the cursor . I don't pay that much attention to the numbers though. Tones first and most important. However when you get the target located in all the iron trash and you can squeese out some high numbers and tones at the same time or good number and good tone at the same time it is time to dig. Anyway never dug a tinfoil target that gave a high tone scream. The small baby rings that are 1 and 2 grams read tinfoil numbers and tone is low. :shrug: . I don't know what you mean when you say tinfoil high tone screams. I guess I am getting to old and my hearing has gone to pot. I did dig a 16-02 chain if I remember right 6 grams and a 15-01 1 gram 10kt baby ring last week on the beach and they both has low tone. I always dig a few 00-03,04 03-06, 04-08 screamers just to make sure they are rusty beer caps. Later, :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

I don't think I said foil is high-pitched. All of the foil I have found is in the 00 to 09 range and has a low GOLD-type sound. So, I was saying, you have to dig it to be sure you don't anything good.

Came in under those numbers. I have dug hundreds of god rings that hit in the tinfoil range and never have I ever dug a gold 00 fer-06 cond. Ring or a good target. What good targets have you dug with those numbers as I am very interested in your response. Also I have never dug a coin in that range so I guess I am just a littl lost with your numbers. I would also like to ask anyone else to respond to my post as I want to know what good targets I have been missing. Since I have never hunted in anything other then Ferrious maybe I am missing something. Thanks Jerry aka Tinfoil.