Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All in one hole

I live on a side that road that loops off of a main highway. The road connects to the highway on both ends and is about a quarter mile long or so. I was detecting the shoulder of the road in the dark when I got off of work tonight between 11:30 P.M. and 1:00 A.M.. The T-2 was a little unstable from the powerlines running along the road , but I got a strong signal so I figured that I'd check it out. The first item out of the hole was a little rusty pocket knife. I rescanned the hole and I still got a strong signal. By the time I had the hole cleaned out I had the rusty pocket knife , a 1952 Franklin Half Dollar ( that I scratched ) , a 1934 Walking Liberty Half Dollar , a 1941 Mercury Dime , and a 1940 Jefferson Nickle. I scratched the Franklin because the ground was pretty hard on the shoulder of the road and I wasn't expecting big silver. I guess I should have expected the unexpected - that will teach me a lesson. Looks like someone had a big hole in their pocket to loose all of those items at once ~ Here's to pockets with big holes in them ( all long as it isn't my pocket )!! Happy Hunting ~ CoinShooter-Craig

Nice finds! 2 halves in one hole is a special treat. I'm with you on the "pockets with big holes.":beers:HH jim tn

Good job, CSC, But man that is not a good time to be standing or kneeling on the side of the road. There are more drunk drivers on the road at midnight than other time of the day. I would leave an area like that for an early Sunday morning, or sometime when I knew traffic would be light. Especially since it so close to home.

Take care, Dave

n/t

Certainly a creative strategy that paid off for you!! So after "the what", I always have to move to speculating about "the why". Is there any chance your road was a good candidate for a "lovers lane" sorta thing? Just think....some guy gets lucky back in the mid 50's, which indirectly leads to a pocket spill either when he gets out of the car, or steps away from the hood of the car, which leads to you getting lucky (in a different sense) 50 some years later.

Getting lucky in a MUCH different sense, But still a good feeling.

bobbydadario said:
Nice finds. How do you see in the middle of the night?
I use a head band light to keep my hands free. They make some real nice ones nowdays. The one that I have costs about $30.00 , but money well spent in my book because I do a lot of night detecting after I get home from work ( second shift ). I still do wish that the T-2 had a backlight , but I can see it fine with my light. - CoinShooter-Craig

dave5710 said:
Good job, CSC, But man that is not a good time to be standing or kneeling on the side of the road. There are more drunk drivers on the road at midnight than other time of the day. I would leave an area like that for an early Sunday morning, or sometime when I knew traffic would be light. Especially since it so close to home.

Take care, Dave
Thanks for the concern Dave. The road that I was detecting on ( that I also live on ) doesn't have much traffic on it especially at that time of the night. The only people who use it are the people that live on it and they are mostly older people that go to bed early. There is a bar a few hundred yards down from where the side road hooks back up to the main highway , maybe someone fell down drunk walking home from the bar 50 years ago. Another precaution that I use is that I keep one of the headphones off of one of my ears so I can hear if any vehicles are coming , plus I'd see the headlights way before they got to me. Thanks , CoinShooter-Craig

Thanks for the good idea on the headband light. Sounds like an excellent idea for early morning beach hunting. I think it would be a very smart move for First Texas to just include this feature on their Teknetics/Fishers lines. Interesting theory on how the stuff was lost.

congrats craig.......i dont post alot of my finds here....im involved with a forum in maine where i live but i am glad that not alot of people know about the T-2 or we would be in trouble.....my latest 2 finds from last week are a spanish reale, and a flying eagle cent!