Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AIRPORTS AND EXCALIBUR QUESTION

Roman44

I am going to Florida soon and wanted some advice on how to take my Excalibur with me. Is it best to take it as a cary on? I am slightly afraid the security would try to open the sealed pod section of the unit and break it. I would be leaving from the Detroit airport. Any input would be appreciated.

I do not think you will have any trouble going thru the Security.. Just make sure you pass the length, plus diameter and the width measurements. I believe you have about 52 inches. Also it must fit in the overhead bins. I don't think it will fit under the seat.. I just got back from the F M D A C Hunt in Mesa and I had an old style trunk that I used to carry my Minelab and a Fisher Detector. I had to unscrew the elbow cuff to make it go inside the trunk. I also packed 2 , knife's in bubble wrap. On you Battery pod, I would just un clip the terminals.. They mainly were just checking the inside wall's of my luggage( with a detector probe ) and no so much as the contents.I also had extra batterie's and the charger in the trunk You might find an old trunk at a Goodwill type store or Walmart. Just remember you cannot lock any suitcase's. I used duck tape to cover the lock,so it would not latch. E-mail me if you need any more help and good luck in Florida. Goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

I took my excal on 2 flights this month. Pittsburgh, to NYC, And NYC to Bangkok. I disassembled mine, and packed it in my checked luggage. No problems.
Ray