Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Air tests and coil dimensions

snh

the coil measures 5 1/4 wide by 9 3/4 long...nothing in the manual states if it is concentric or DD that I have found so far.

Someone asked for air tests so here are some common targets. Gain was set at 7 on a scale of 1-10....never have been able to detect at full gain...and above 7 it is too noisy in or around my house.

1. Penny indian or wheat 10.5"
2. Jefferson nickel 10"
3 mercury dime 10.5"
4 silver washington quarter 12.5"
5. Walking half dollar 13.5"
6 Large cent and KGII 14"
7. 2 cent piece 11"
8. colonial shoe buckle small 14"
9. Large frock button 14.5 to 15"
10. regular flat button common 1800's 10"- 11" (depending on type..I tried several styles). Note: this would be the size that runs around the size of a penny or a tad bigger...including convex military.
11. thimble 1800's medium size 10"
12 Rev war musket ball large 10"
That was all I had time for....basically everything seemed to run around 10-11". I could hit some of the targets an inch further but these tests were at max repeated hit on each sweep. Some targets like the large coppers would hit another 1.5 to 2" but would only respond 50% of the time.
Target ID seemed to hold fairly accurate without alot of target creep up at max depth. However that usually occurs in ground when the soil matrix dicks with the id at depth anyway.
Again if you can run gain at 8 or 9 you may gain some added depth...or not, just depends.

scott