Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ain't this just ducky :(

Royal

[attachment 114742 1-6-20098-45-35AM.jpg]

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

I am gonna try to find someone to do a pickup for me in the next few days. I will run it alone, it is about 16 miles or so but I have to have someone at the other end to haul my kayak and myself home.

I am gonna take my GPS because I have been saying it is 16 miles but it is just what I have been told by others.

I have to find out of anyone else has run it because I don't want any ice dams again this time. I did it a year ago about this time and it was fine. I will take a camera along and hope to get some interesting shots.

There is only one cabin at the upper end and the rest is empty until you near the takeout. I just checked the map and it shows about 8 miles if the river was straight. It ain't :D

[attachment 114767 masontract-copy.jpg]

Do they hide them up that way with the snow levels in mind? I want to get out myself with the GPS and the detector. I've been looking at Geocaches at the shoreline in Rhode Island from Point Judith on down to Watch Hill. Lot of beach there to hunt. Even if the rest is frozen solid the 20 feet next to the shoreline will be open..... Need some sun on my face and fresh air in a mannere different than hauling wood in. Hope to get a few pictures to post down there also......See how we fair after the ice storm tonight. Hoping it misses us and stays northwest of us, or out to sea all together.

Geo-CT

any fun.i didn't know how much extended time your temps had stayed below freezing.i would guess that moving water takes longer to freeze over than standing water,i guess volume may effect it to as well .hope you have fun.

you just make the most of what you have? We had a tree about 3 feet in diameter fall on my dang chicken pen! Can you imagine when it fell they were running around shouting "the sky is falling.........the sky is falling?" :surprised:

A snow splitter is a heavy metal device, in the shape of a wedge 'v' that goes in front of the chimneys. When the snow hits it, it will split and thus avoid taking out the chimney.

Calm seas

Micheal

a dry bag with EVERYTHING dry including a snowmobile suit. I also take Charcoal lighter fluid and several lighters in another dry bag. I also take a cell phone in a dry bag. I also let people know I will be on the river and what time to expect me and if I am held up I will call.

That is the best I can do if I wish to enjoy the river. It is about a three hour run in these conditions.

I am not sure if I will be going yet. Just in the mood. I would like to have someone with me but most up have a high school education :D