Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aight fella serious question in headphones!!

spittenred

I was a dedicated Whites man for years...Always used Grey Ghost Ultimates with the whites machines and loved them. I recently have been converted to the Tek line and am wondering how I went this long with out these machines! I use a T2 ltd. and a G2....I love them both and they each play their own role in my hunting....BUT....the TEK line not having the amount of tones as the Whites makes the Grey Ghost obsolete...I mean they out right suck! Every tone sounds extremely mechanical and I need better....so what are you guys using and tell me the pros and cons please...high end headphones are too expensive for to go trial and error. All help and opinions are greatly appreciated...and if anyone has any used headphones ( like R.A.T or Timberwolves) let me know !!!

I use Gray Ghost DMC and Black Widow on both my Omega and LTD and both have great tones. HH jim tn

I had a set of gray ghost originals and didn't like them with the omega, they sounded flat, kinda hard to explain. I use a set of rats and they sound pretty good, and the cheap Garrett Easy Stow Headphones for around $25.00 work well also . During the heat of summer I have been using a set of AUVIO wireless earbuds (radio shack) that I like really well. Good tones and light weight, (due to differences in hearing, your mileage may vary)

Joe

Thats weird to me...maybe its because I used my Grey Ghost on the whites...but to me they dont sound smooth on my Teks.even the threshold in all metal is sorta ...crackly?

Maybe different model, I don't know? Mine, however, give clear, distinct tones and no crackling. Do you have a nearby dealer that maybe you could try a couple of different brands? Good luck. HH jim tn

Try the Koss QZ-99........made for detectors/scanners. Heavy yes.......noise cancelling.....yes.......can be gotten at Ama*on for 40.00......and that includes shipping.

koss qz 99 best headphones i have ever owned!
dynamic sound,reasonably priced and a true lifetime warranty!
they are designed to cut down on outside noise,and the sound quality is excellent very distinctive,especially on deeper
hits!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

in addendum!..tried gray ghosts and killer bees,
my head felt like it was in a "vise" very strong spring loaded headband
too much pressure on the head! regardless of adjustment!..just sayin!
ohh!,and expensive too! koss..qz 99's ARE heavy,but far more comfortable to me!
anyway! .was able to get a better adjustment to relieve pressure on the noggin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Thanks for you advice on the QZ99s...went and got pair and absolutely love them. They give a very smooth pleasing tone with the T2 (something I thought was impossible) I do wish they were just a tad bit louder...but I'm sure that I'm just used to hearing the loud grunty sounds of my Gray Ghost Ultimates! Great looking out and many many thanks...my hunting days just got much pleasurable with that sweet tone that the QZ 99s give!!!

i'm pleased you like 'em! i think,for the money,the best value out there,AND they are designed for metal detector use!
granted, they are a little heavy in the field,however you get used to that!..getting used to "headaches" in the field is something you should NOT have to endure!
i thought the sound quality was outstanding,very clear,and i have hearing loss! tremendous value,terrific build quality,and for 6 bucks send 'em back if ANYTHING goes wrong, and koss WILL repair
them,and get 'em right back to ya! .what's not to like?..just sayin' best of luck in your hunting with them!

(h.h.!)
j.t.