Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ah, Sunday, a day of rest. I got these guys out mowing the

George-CT

back lawn. Gnats are out today but I sprayed and with the face mask them seem comfortable. Gives them a nice new snack. I usually cut it with the mower weekly but they were handy and not down in the back 40. Got hay to bring in this afternoon so have to save my energy for the last 3 hours of the day. Once again, I'll try these off of my site as links.

These are my wifes trail horses. Apollo is a quarter horses and Ace is a Missouri Fox trotter. Both easy horses to be around. They have been in clinc's the last 3 days with my wife and a friend of hers teaching others the Parillie and Larry Whitesell method of handling horses on the ground.

George-CT

If you click on them, they should get much larger and clearer.

http://www.cccmx.com/lawncare007.jpg

http://www.cccmx.com/lawncare009.jpg

Great looking animals too ! Question for ya George...........I noticed your hummingbird feeder on your deck. What do you use ?....just sugar and water and do they come to feed ? Haven't had much success with the nectar powder (mixes with water) they sell.:shrug:

Those are a couple of good looking horses. Loading hay in the barn was always hard work, but I always enjoyed doing it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

1/4 cup of sugar, and a cup of water and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Let it cool and thats it. That amount will fill our feeder. They will use that up in about 3 days here with the amount of hummers after it. Its a war at first but then they settle in or drive them off. Put as many red flowers around it as you have or can get. Red seems to be the attractor.
I really like watching them and at times sitting out there they will come within inches of your face just looking at you. Pretty interesting bird.

They are the first birds out in the morning at twilight, and last to feed at night when its almost dark. Once you get them coming there, they are fun to watch. They are rough on each other for such a tiny bird.

Here are a few shots of one at the feeder. Funny a lot of people tell you they have not feet...Not sure how they come up with that one......Look like feet to me....

George-Ct

We go through about 30 lbs of sugar a summer. I have about 5 or 6 hummer feeders and two Oriole feeders out.

It does remind me of my back yard! Nice looking horses. The buck and three doe were just in. I saw one fawn the other day on the way to Houghton Lake but none in the back yard.

I talked to a lady on the bus the other day and she lives on second street in downtown Roscommon. At two in the morning she saw a bear walking down her street!!

n/t

Orioles here. Or for that matter Killdeer or even starlings. We are in the woods so I guess they don't feel safe. Now my neighbors, just a short distance away, have it much more open around there places so they get them. We are much more closed in that we were so I'm working on dropping some of the big oaks around the house this year. Much of our pace has gone back to forest in the last 25 years. What was small then is decent size now.

I get the painted buntings off and on, and blue birds, lots of wood peckers, even those big piliated ones. Blue Jays, cow birds, lots of crows, hawks, turkey vultures and owls. I'd like to attract more of the colorful ones. We do good on yellow finch's also and the ruby throated humming birds.

George-Ct