Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After work :detecting: dimes

Dug

Spent an hour after work at the dime store and dug up these two. The Barber was only down 3 inches and gave me a pretty good signal with variable digital readings 00 27; 07 27; 00 26, and the merc was 5 inches deep with quite consistent 03 29 readings.

[attachment 38163 dimes10.18.06005.jpg]

[attachment 38165 dimes10.18.06010.jpg]

Good going Dug,
interesting to see the numbers too...
A lot of us wouldn't be able to recall the various numbers that come up.
It would be interesting to get more numbers posted,{for the same coins.}
that way you could see how much a coins ID might vary with coin condition
~ also whether the different soils can effect readings.

HH :twodetecting:

Snowy

Nice Dimes Doug! And they are in very nice shape also. You sure are having some luck with that Explorer II of yours and I hope it continues. Good Luck and HH.

Thanks, James. Of course, it should be noted there are many times I hunt after work and find nothing. It looks better than it really is to post the finds and say nothing about the hours spent getting skunked, or nearly so. The forum is about what we find, and no one really wants to see the photos of skunks.

Thanks again.

Doug

Thanks, Snowy. I agree about seeing the numbers. One time I carried a a handheld dictaphone intending to record the sounds and the digital readings of every find, but then forgot all about it. I plan to start doing it though.

Happy hunting to you.

Doug

Thanks, Jerry. Some hours go like that, but many go by with nothing. Yesterday was overcast, a bit on the cool side at 40 degrees F, but pleasant enough to be out with a jacket, gloves, and headphones on. The season is coming to a close pretty soon, though, as it will be about a month and the ground will be as hard as iron. Some diehards continue to detect all winter but have to use pick axes to open the ground.

I was detecting an area that had been pretty well hunted, I thought, but maybe not. I'll go back and try some more maybe today. The weather is supposed to be a bit warmer.

Anyway, thanks again, and happy successful hunting to you.

Doug

Yea, but I bet you found them in town and if you did, your doing great. I in fact get skunked once in a while but I really don't go out during the week anymore unless of course I know that I have a good chance of finding something old and worth the trip out. Digging all Clad coins is fun but finding the oldies with the Explorer's is why they were made in the first place. What amazes me is that you have learned your detector so fast and you are finding some nice finds in worked out area's still. I know it is tough, but it sure is worth it every time you bring home an oldie. Keep it up buddy and Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

Thanks, Mirage. The next evening on my way home I stopped for 2 hours and only found one wheat penny, 1948S. That's the way it goes; when you're hot and ... so forth.

Have a good weekend.

Doug

Nice going Doug.............:) Love those barber dimes and it's too bad your merc wasn't a 1916 with a D mint mark. Maybe next time......:) HH.

Eddie

Haven't heard from you in a while. Been doing any detecting? My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, so I was not connected for about a week.

Have you any good sites lined up for hunting?

Take care, and thanks again. Always good to hear from you.

Doug