Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After 45 years scratched a big one off the bucket list 😀.

MikeO

Staff member
Went back again today to the early 1830s era home although ground still hard as cement.
I did bring my new revised number two version of my digger which helped tremendously in getting a nice plug started.
Thought I would hunt the humongous side yard field.
Low
and behold like my 3rd dig was a coin I have been wanting to find forever.
I saw the edge of it and at first thought it was a large penny but, once out I quickly realized it was a capped bust half penny.

It’s been 45 years of hunting and it’s my first.
Hot tired and hungry I wrapped up the day with a pin, ww button, two old colonial era buttons and the 1825 1/2 Cent.
Sadly, I nicked the back but, I don’t care I’m glad she’s readable date and the front is a beauty.
I can’t wait to get a lil rain here and head back.
Happy Hunting all. 😀

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpeg
    IMG_4465.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Awesome find Mike!!

Went back again today to the early 1830s era home although ground still hard as cement.
I did bring my new revised number two version of my digger which helped tremendously in getting a nice plug started.
Thought I would hunt the humongous side yard field.
Low
and behold like my 3rd dig was a coin I have been wanting to find forever.
I saw the edge of it and at first thought it was a large penny but, once out I quickly realized it was a capped bust half penny.

It’s been 45 years of hunting and it’s my first.
Hot tired and hungry I wrapped up the day with a pin, ww button, two old colonial era buttons and the 1825 1/2 Cent.
Sadly, I nicked the back but, I don’t care I’m glad she’s readable date and the front is a beauty.
I can’t wait to get a lil rain here and head back.
Happy Hunting all. 😀
Ummmm..heck yeah! Congrats on checking that one off the list!

WOW! Very nice! (y)
I bet you can't wait for that rain and get back...
You’re not kidding. I just couldn’t help going back after the oldie I found earlier this week.
My hunting buddy didn’t even go today because he said it was just to hard to dig. I agree it’s hard hard. No rain in sight for at least another week. 😕

Thanks guys for all the 👍 up. I’m pumped about this find and what else is out there just a waiting.

Great find! I found a large cent in Iowa a few years back. No date after years of farm chemicals but by the design it was from 1793-1796...