Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aesthetic Considerations

jkasta

Hi All,

Been reading this forum for about 6 months, first post. Quick question: When is BH (1st Tejas) going to get away from the Muffler on a Stick design of the BH series and the 1950's retro graphics? Technically they appear to range from entry level to professional grade (with the exception of a dedicated nugget finder). The 3 new Teknetics are a move in the right direction, why not apply this design concept to the BHs? Personally, the muffler look is a big turn off to Gen X and Gen Y. Any thoughts and or comments?

I personally am less concerned with the appearance of my machine than with its performance and cost. When I am detecting "in the field" (no offense intended) I couldn't care less what Gen X or Gen Y might think my Time Ranger looks like. I know you are getting at appearance as a selling point to some younger people but that is the last thing you should be worried about when deciding on a machine. Price, performance, and service before appearance as far as I am concerned. I have read many posts here from detectorists whose Bounty Hunter "Muffler on a Stick" performs just as well or better than a lot of those more expensive cool looking machines.

jkasta, i do see your point. To you and me, there are many sweeter looking machines than BH. Unfortunately, a $1K+ machine will net you just as many chicks as a $100 machine. My wife figured this out 6 years ago and feels completely secure with me leaving the house with any machine! I think you do your best hunting when you lose all inhibition and really focus on and enjoy detecting, forgetting about everything else in the world. With that said, if you're constantly feeling like your swinging some sort of funky mid evil torture device, you naturally won't hunt as well regardless of how well the machine is performing. Mind over matter. Appearance can build confidence. Confidence produces finds. I am not all that fond of the appearance of my BH but am still plenty confident in it's ability. Whatever works for you! HH, JJ