Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

advice purchase and use on the equinox beach 600 vs amphibious kruzer

roberto76milano

hello at the moment I do not know how to choose if equinox 600 or nokta makro kruzer amphibian (or multi kruzer), I would use it a little everywhere but mostly I am interested in it being stable in sea water, on the shoreline on very mineralized beaches.
I like it more amphibious or kruzer for its robustness and they seem to be better made, the equinox seems to me so fragile as construction and water infiltration, but many people tell me that it is better than kruzer on gold and more stable.
also the price does its part but more or less we are there.
have you tried both machines? how did you find yourself strengths and weaknesses?
sorry for my english, i write from italy and i am using translator, if you don't understand well ask ...

Hello Roberto,
I personally haven't used the other machines but I have swung the 800 in fresh water for 2 years and the build seems to be more than robust enough with no water issues. I popped these 14 k golds on my last water hunt. Maybe some of our salt water hunters could chime in.
Might try the comparison question on the "Main detector comparison Forum"
Regards Jeff

Hi
I have used the Nox 600 and 800 in many tough detecting environments including underwater, above 3000 meters, in snow, rain and desert heat as a coin , jewelry, relic, and gold nugget prospector.. I keep a log of time used and I have used the Nox over 1,300 hours with absolutely no problems. The Nox is a very rugged detector.

If you were to use the Nox in the ocean surf a lot I would upgrade the shaft.

I also have used the Multi Kruzer and currently own the Gold Kruzer. The Kruzer line are great single frequency detectors and the multi Kruzer of course has selectable frequencies. Detecting in water with my Gold Kruzer, my only complaint is the lack of loud volume using the built in speaker. I really like the vibrating handle feature.

For salt water beach and surf detecting, I would pick the Nox because it uses simultaneous multiple frequencies , not selectable single frequencies in beach modes..

Jeff

I will have to agree with Jeff's reply above. I have the equinox 600 and I also have the anfibio 14.

I like the anfibio very much. It is built like a tank and can take a beating. I know it has a beach setting too. On the Nokta thread here on findmall you can read a write up posted recently on how the anfibio handles high minerilzed beaches that has been posted recently. It is hit or miss depending on how high the minerals are on the beach you are searching.

If I were going to hunt primarily land areas and go to the beach every now and then, I would pick the anfibio. It has a larger display screen and is very rugged.

If I were going to hunt primarily beaches most of the time and land hunt every now and then, I would get the equinox.

The equinox is a very light weight machine. It is built well enough for normal use and you can use 3 frequencies at once and that is what you need at the beaches you will be detecting. Where as the Anfibio Multi or Kruzer Multi can only run in one selected single frequency at a time.

Well I’m convinced . Last Tuesday I got my Equanox 800 .and went to a local park and assembled it. Walked ten feet and hot on a 1974 nickel and went five feet and hit on a 1953 Rosevelt dime.then today I went to a local swimming beach and got three rings and one was 18k and also got some change.
Long story short you can’t have my Noz 800

Doug

hello thanks for the answer I had not seen the comparison page here on the forum ... I will update it there too.
I, however, speak of non-800 nox 600, here in Italy it is difficult to find gold jewelry but when you find them they are all at 18k

I do mostly salt water (Gulf) hunting but have been dirt digging of late (until I go back to Florida). For the past 3 seasons in Florida, I have used the CTX 3030 and for 6 years before that the Excal II. My MD buddy in Florida, Ron Lord, regularly posts his gold finds on various forums and he is a convert to the Equinox 800 and he has the gold to prove it...lots of it. This past year along the Gulf, it seems that 80% of the MDers on sand and in the surf had a 600 or 800. Well, I finally have gone over to the dark side, just got my 800 last month for my 40 something errr 50 something errr 60 something birthday and looking forward to trying it out in the surf and sand...surf and sand...surf and sand come winter time.

Gold - 10
Silver - 40
Coins - 1746

I have had my Equanox 800 for about a week now. And now I’m seriously thinking of partying out my Loved xterm 70 with all five coils and getting an Equanox 600 as my second unit.
That’s how much I like my Equanox. And I still really like my xterra 70

Doug