Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on pin pointer - whites bullseye vs. ????

what is the best pin pointer, I use the bullseye and not to happy with it. been looking at the sun ray DX1, question will it pinpoint the target before you dig, or is it like the bullseye and you have to be right on top of your target. some times the bullseye wont even pick it up until you touch it, by then I've all reedy see it.:shrug:

DX-1 all the way!!! It's like having a 1" detector.....and YES, it will detect a coin, etc. at about 3" deep or so. You won't have to worry about loosing it, for it's attached to your detector. Once you put that extra money into the DX-1, you'll never regret it. IMHO. Also there's been many past posts about the wonderful DX-1 pin-pointer. Maybe do a search and see what all we've said. Good luck! HH to all.....Nancy

The DX-1 is an awfully good pinpointer unless...you have more than one different type of detector. I just sold my DX-1, not because I didn't like but because I soon will have 3 detectors and the DX-1 will only work on one of them. The DX-1 is pretty hot but you can detune it if you have an MXT-DFX so that it pinpoints only with the tip.

I suppose that depends on how big the lost target is.
Whites, and another person I know who is a dealer says the
BullsEye only pinpoints to about an inch. It might go a bit deeper depending on the target.
I just bought an off brand pinpointer and I'm told by people who have
used it that it gets about the same depth, 1 inch.:shrug:

Good luck
RR

OK, maybe I should try to restate my comment. The DX-1 is like having a 1" detector.......it's like have a very very small coil on the end of your detector (1" circumference instead of a 4 x 6, etc.). At the end of the DX-1 you can get 3" of depth with it. (Say a silver dime is deep in the ground...you did a plug, but can't see it. Say it's 3"-4" deeper than that. The DX-1 will pinpoint it and let you know where it is so you won't damage the coin. You can hear the tones through your headphones and your detector will have the read out..........just like it was a coil.)

Clear as mud????? Sorry, maybe someone else could explain it better.

HH to all.....Nancy

You did just fine Nancy. Again the disadvantage is it's detector specific. It will only work on the detector it was designed for. I wish I had one. Rob

Explained very well. I thought you were refering to the Bullseye. I reread the original post and
of course my eyes were playing tricks on me again!
So the DX-1 is the SunRay? Unfortunately its more money
than I can manage at the moment. Maybe when I find my first hord of gold coins!:lol:
RR

Thanks everyone I ordered one today, Nancy did a good job on selling it. She convinced me I need one, will let ya know how I like it.

:thumbup:

Oops, did it again...... This is Nancy, not Larry. Sorry.

I wish you the best of luck and I know you will; love the DX-1. Please keep us posted with your finds.

HH to all......Nancy

Yes, the DX-1 is the SunRay and it's a bit on the pricey side. But then IF you ever decide to sell it, you won't be disappointed in the price you'll get from it. Once you do use it, you'll wonder why you didn't get one when you got your detector. The downfall is it will only fit the MXT or the DFX detectors. Save your clad finds for the extra accessories. What other hobby pays for itself?? I love it and HH to all, Nancy

Interesting. How do you detune the Sunray on the MXT. Until recently, I used Vibraprobe before taking the Sunray plunge. I've found the Sunray is sensitive around the diameter of the probe and I've been having difficulty concentrating signal on the tip which means I'm not getting proper depth readings on VDI. In many situations, I set disc between 2 and 3, work with marginal threshold tone and generally set gain in default. Are gain settings my problem. I'll be grateful for any imput beacuse I know I'm not getting the most out of the Sunray capability. mike