Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice for Ace 250

cerF

Got my 250 a couple days ago and Im doing very well with it. Ive already found a bunch of clad (around 7$ worth), some cool little trinkets, keys, toys and my best a .925 silver ring! Some of the items dug have been quite deep as well. I feel very comfortable with this machine. Pinpointing is a cinch and the target id seems to be very accurate...granted I have dug some trash, but not much.

Now heres my questions (note* im not looking for relics and I run the ACE 250 in jewelry mode, which notches out iron.)

1) Having iron notched out, I shouldnt be missing out on any coins or jewelry of value.. right????
2) Do any of you guys use the 250 in all metal mode to coinshoot/jewelry hunt?
3) Do gold items always id in the foil/pulltab/nickel range?
4) When the battery indicator is down to two bars, its time to put a new set of batts in?

Thanks in advance for your help

HH

1..correct
2. I personally don't
3. no, not always, the one I found bounced from penny to pulltab, I think it depends on karat weight and size of item
4. I let mine go down to one bar, never had trouble yet

Jewelry mode notches out iron and small foil too. Tot lots, bark chips and sand I always run in the relic mode and dig everything.

Ditto. Relic mode is awesoooome. And you will find small trinkets,ear rings, etc.. in tot lots,etc. that give the low iron tone and are just above the lowest notch.

I was wondering about the battery level, my radio scanner starts beeping "low battery" long before they are truly dead so I popped a "low" set from the scanner into my Ace and it showed 3 bars, I figure they are still usable even though the scanner doesn't like them, the scanner eats batteries so I guess it needs rechargeable. Now I carry a spare set of "used" batteries in my detector bag for emergency use. I love my Ace 250, its the best bang for the bucks!

If you're using good batteries you can drop down to one bar. You'll know when the batteries get weak as your detector will get squirrely. I don't use all metal for coins or jewelry but that's a matter of choice.. Gold items have no universall point on the display and can hit all over the place due to size, karat, composition, weight, shape, ground conditions, but many hit on the lower end of the scale.

Bill

it seems with headphones in use I can get an easy 40-50 hours out of a set of batteries in my ace. I always carry spares in my car, just in case. Now w/o headphones you are lucky to get 20 hours out of batteries

Yeah that speaker sucks up a lot of juice. Headphones save you a fortune in batteries. Course I use rechargeables but I didn't always.

Bill

I've had my ACE 250 for about 2 months and usually use coin mode the 1st time over and then jewelry mode on the 90 degree pass. Seems to work well. Gold has been found all over the scale.

I've found that it's not too long after it hits two bars on the bat chek that it goes to 1 bar. The batteries last so long and are so cheap that I usually replace them just as soon as it hits 2 bars-but I have gone to 1 bar when the finds got going and I hated to leave and get some more batteries. With headphones, it beats just about every other machine I know or own-and with all the features and especially that bong! it is a marvel in itself.