Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adjusting Sensitivity / Auto Mode ?

D Wes

A strange thing happened to day, went to an home stead I hunt, The ground very dry and have always hunted in moist conditions. Its in walking distance of my house and I needed to get out, so I took the walk. Always have ran Sensitivity at 11-oclock being stable. This time I got allot of false and strange signals. One signal sounded like a deep nickel but sounded like trash or Iron mixed. I lowered the Sens. down and it got a little cleaner. Something I haven't done is set it to Auto Mode. The signal was clean and repeatable. I then tried lowering the Sens. all the way down to 4-0clock, still sounded rough" so went back to Auto Mode, smooth and clean, I dug up A nickel at about 4 inches I almost didn't dig. I dug some trash that was deep in Auto Mode, signals were clean and stable. Any thoughts on this, One thing for sure, I will try the Auto mode allot more and use it.
D Wes

Auto mode will run smoother and easier for those new to the Sovereign to use and understand. Manual may not be as stable and more nulling of iron, but it will go deeper as many of us that know the Sovereign will tell you. Where I have seen this is some of the weaker signals that are mostly small signals and a slight tone change of a deeper target, switch to auto and that signal is gone of that target. With the higher sensitivity in manual you may have to go a little slower too than you will in auto.

Rick

In certain circumstances its better, in others it Might lack the depth needed to find the super deepies,I have seen where auto mode cleans things right up, and have never had auto mode be real chirpy and weird, on the other hand there are spots where I have been unable to hear a real deep one in the auto mode, Just for kicks I will occasionally hear a deep fringe target then switch to auto mode and the target seemingly will disappear, There is little doubt in my mind that auto mode runs cleaner, but it does lack that super deep quality,but in all reality most targets at the normal places hit nice and clean in auto mode, some folks wont use it and think its a newb setting but I sure ain't afraid to run it if the conditions warrant its use, I say if it cleans things up then by all means run the auto mode, it's there for a reason and its not just a newb setting ........good work