Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adjustable 180 meter mount on S shaft?

Heath

I'm running to a slight problem of seeing the meter on the S shaft of the Sov Elite, with the V mount bracket. Has anybody come up with a better system to make it easier to read. Possibly something with a swivel for left and right hand operation and tilt. I have a S-1 probe being mounted on the shaft so the mod will have to be between the two. Just looking for some suggestions or personal mods.

HH:minelab::fisher:

Heath go with a straight shaft asm.Throw that S rod asm on the auction block especially if you are going to add a meter or probe.

n/t

Yep that is the way I went and love it.
Bill will also custom make the length if needed (I had him add 1" to mine).

Thanks for the feed back. What is the cost for a custom straight shaft and who makes them?

I'm waiting on paying Uncle Sam:cry: before adding some new toys to the collection. Looks like be digging clad for both. I like the straight shaft, been thinking about it for awhile, I'm trying to update the detector with out upgrading to the GT. Wouldn't mind adding one to the collection but I think the WIFE would throw me out, hmm mm:super: more time to detect:detecting:, boy tough decision.:rofl:.

Plugger has them on Ebay for $69.00 or you can email him direct.

n/t

I could be mistaken, but I thought the Sun Ray probe control box was designed with a meter mount on top of it... therefore positioning the meter at a greater height?

Yes it does, I just put one on the Sov and it raised the meter up enough for better view. I'm still looking down the line for a new straight shaft.