Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding another hobby

AKdetectorist

New to metal detecting. In late April, I bought an X-Terra Pro from my local Sportsman's Warehouse and a Fisher F-Pulse from Amazon. So far, I've detected around baseball fields several times, and I go to a nearby beach daily. I'm finding plenty of pull tabs, other assorted junk metal and a bunch of clad coins. I'm learning as I go listening to the tones first and VDI second, but it's hard not to look at the screen when it sounds good. I will move up to an SMF detector eventually.

Edit: Yesterday, I bought a Vanquish 440 and a Pro-Find 35 off marketplace for $240. The lady bought them in April and took them to the beach one time. The tones and VDI are different, it'll be interesting. I've surface tested coins and took note of the differences. The pro-find reacts different than the F-Pulse.

Also, I've joined 4 MD forums, so you may see this post on the others. I am just gaining knowledge from a myriad of sources.