Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Added the NOX

utmike

Haven't posted since the new format and haven't had much reason to. This has been an ultra tough year in terms of getting out or getting decent finds. My wife had been prodding me to get the 800 to go along with my Etrac and I finally pulled the trigger despite being reluctant to let go of cash in these screwed up times. I've been out several times and have managed to get "Field 1" tweaked to fit my preferences. Really like the machine so far! Haven't broken any depth records but have managed a few silvers and a couple of better tokens. I'm a small coil, root around in the trash kind of hunter and so far the equinox has shown itself to be as good as everyone says. Looking forward to spending more time on the forum!
20201017_210629.jpg
20200831_210947.jpg
20201010_144520.jpg

Haven't posted since the new format and haven't had much reason to. This has been an ultra tough year in terms of getting out or getting decent finds. My wife had been prodding me to get the 800 to go along with my Etrac and I finally pulled the trigger despite being reluctant to let go of cash in these screwed up times. I've been out several times and have managed to get "Field 1" tweaked to fit my preferences. Really like the machine so far! Haven't broken any depth records but have managed a few silvers and a couple of better tokens. I'm a small coil, root around in the trash kind of hunter and so far the equinox has shown itself to be as good as everyone says. Looking forward to spending more time on the forum!View attachment 8450View attachment 8451View attachment 8452
I carefully read your post..! Times Are Tough..! I hope the Equinox 800 investment.p
Haven't posted since the new format and haven't had much reason to. This has been an ultra tough year in terms of getting out or getting decent finds. My wife had been prodding me to get the 800 to go along with my Etrac and I finally pulled the trigger despite being reluctant to let go of cash in these screwed up times. I've been out several times and have managed to get "Field 1" tweaked to fit my preferences. Really like the machine so far! Haven't broken any depth records but have managed a few silvers and a couple of better tokens. I'm a small coil, root around in the trash kind of hunter and so far the equinox has shown itself to be as good as everyone says. Looking forward to spending more time on the forum!View attachment 8450View attachment 8451View attachment 8452
That's an interesting token.. do you know what the token is or what it was used for..?

I carefully read your post..! Times Are Tough..! I hope the Equinox 800 investment.p

That's an interesting token.. do you know what the token is or what it was used for..?
I'm still researching but believe it was likely a Mercantile.

you are a very lucky man,not because of your cool finds but for having a wife encouraging you to buy a new machine lol....congrats.. It took me a while to warm up to the nox..learned a lot and still have a lot to learn..

I am beyond lucky! My wife is an avid detectorist as well. She's always up for hitting the ghost towns, construction sites, etc. She's can't walk away from an iffy signal which is why she has a $5.00 gold and I don't!

I am beyond lucky! My wife is an avid detectorist as well. She's always up for hitting the ghost towns, construction sites, etc. She's can't walk away from an iffy signal which is why she has a $5.00 gold and I don't!
Wow.... Your wife detected a $5.00 gold coin..! Did you have to bow before her for the next week.... Ha Ha..😄😄

You might favor the equinox over the e-trac bc of the weight alone. In performance it should do as well if not better. Sounds like you would like to get the 6” coil when $ permits. And you ain’t kidding about “ these screwed up times” a lot of people will be happy when 2020 is done. Detecting is good therapy.

Oh yeah. Every time I get cocky, she breaks it out🤣
My wife became a metal detector, about six months ago.... She uses the Vanquish 540 Pro. She has not detected anything "amazing" yet.... But I hope she does..! But if she pulls up a $20.00 gold piece,... I'll be her Sex slave for a month.!

I found many gold coins in my time....Once I got them into my hand, I peeled them open and ate the chocolate inside :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 6405861A-175C-4907-9DFB-37D77428DC1D.jpeg
    6405861A-175C-4907-9DFB-37D77428DC1D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
My wife became a metal detector, about six months ago.... She uses the Vanquish 540 Pro. She has not detected anything "amazing" yet.... But I hope she does..! But if she pulls up a $20.00 gold piece,... I'll be her Sex slave for a month.!
After reading this, I have to say I'm rooting for both of you! LOL

You might favor the equinox over the e-trac bc of the weight alone. In performance it should do as well if not better. Sounds like you would like to get the 6” coil when $ permits. And you ain’t kidding about “ these screwed up times” a lot of people will be happy when 2020 is done. Detecting is good therapy.
Yes... detecting is kind of a therapy

With the Veterans discount, I was able to pop for the 6". Good depth for a small coil... You are right, it's one of the only good therapies left!