Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adapter

04 Diesel

Does anybody know if Garrett or someone else makes an adapter so you can swap out different coils on your Garrett?

Adapter so you can put different coil plugs on your detector. I bought a new coil but the plug is different than the one on the detector.

[quote 04 Diesel]Adapter so you can put different coil plugs on your detector. I bought a new coil but the plug is different than the one on the detector.[/quote]

Chance's are wrong coil for your detector, I would be checking with the Company or a dealer fer sure.

HH

GaryL .... :detecting:

Different metal detectors run on different frequencies. The coils have to be tuned to that specific frequency or else it's performance deteriorates. So even if you made an adapter, the machine would be out of tune.

I think that I read (on this forum too) that the difference between the Crossfire and Crossfire2 coils was just the barrel connector. ..Willy.

04 Diesel just take back the new coil and exchange it for one thats right for your detector.

If that's not possible, maybe you could list it for sale or trade.

Good advise you have got so far and that is do not try and adapt it, as you might, just might fry your detector.

HH

GaryL .... :detecting: