Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace goes Pt 900 :)

Ian (Japan)

Had an unexpected free morning (Thursday), so you can easily guess what I did?! :)

321 yen in modern Japanese coins. Plus and older 1965 silver 100 yen, my second silver coin in Japan. And a brass 1948 Japanese 50 sen coin.

Platinum ring (marked Pt 900) - first one this year - showed/sounded as nickel on the Ace 150. Not sure what the heart shaped stone is - any suggestions?
Three silver rings - will clean them up during the weekend.
A red striped pull tab. And half a bucket of trash not shown. ;)

Nice weather, warm and very little wind, plus the beach gods were very generous too. All good fun.

Hope you got out there too.

HH
Ian @ the land of the rising rings.

Looks like a moonstone to me.

Ian, I'm with the old lineman on this one - it sure looks like moonstone to me.

I'm thinking that it has to be a birthstone ring - moonstone is the birthstone for Cancer. Granted, it's a pretty stone, but it seems unusual to me to have a stone worth four or five dollars a carat set into a platinum ring for any other reason. The going rate for platinum today was just a couple of bucks over US$1000 per carat.

VERY nice find. Congrats.

Colin