Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE 250

jimknife

Just got my ace before Christmas and still getting aquainted with it. Has anyone compiled a users manual, more than what came with the machine, which describes shortcuts to learning the Ace? I have read about detuning. Would I need to search the archives of this forum and/or other forums. Thanks for any responses.

<center>
coil.jpg

This system should work on all concentric coils, (not the DD design) First thing is to put a marker in the center of the forward inner toe. The true center can be made by tracing the coil on a piece of paper, cutting it out, folding it in half then placing it on top of the coil. I put on a happy face as my marker, and drew a straight line on the outer forward toe, just to help with positioning and centering. This setup works best shallow targets. For deeper targets, use this link supplied by Garrett.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/pinpointing.htm

Another pictoral instruction below:

smallerinstructions2.jpg

In addition to Johns reply - read up on all the other tips not only on the machine itself, but accessories like coils, and the finds that the ACE been getting by ACE swingers - HH & welcome :thumbup:

The archives on this forum are loaded with 250 stuff. I field tested the protoype and production model of the 250. What do you need to know? John-Edmonton on here is loaded with info also.

Bill

I remember well when I first got my Ace 250. For whatever the reason I
had a hell of a time pinpointing the damn thing. Now, I can pinpoint
with no problems at all. Why all the people out there with pinpoint
problems? I don't know. Mark it up to "mental block" or something like
that. I have to admit I feel a bit rediculous now that I look back on it.:blink:
Robert R

Well I must have a "wierd" one, because mine "centers" at the notch in the coil right in front of where the lower rod meets the coil. lol, and no, I don't dig 10" holes :rofl: many times I can pop a coin up with one shot of the screwdriver.

Smitty

OK, I must be missing something .....the way I'd read John-Edemontons post, he pinpoints between the front of the inner & outer coils (between his "markers"). How can that be the case?

Smitty

I have found dimes about 6 inches deep with my ace. I think I get better at pinpointing as I use it. I am very pleased with my ace 250 and have high expectations for 2008.

Normally it should be right in front of the inner coil.
Anytime any of the inner coil is over the object, you
will hear the pinpoint tone. The trick is to center the
tone from side to side very carefully, while also slowly
pulling back. You know when the tone quits, the object
is just on the outside of the inner coil.
Being the coil is basically a circle, the width of the tone
area shrinks as you move forwards or backwards
from center.
So it's very important to constantly check the side to side
width as you pull back for the best accuracy. The side to
side width at the point of tone loss will be very narrow if
you are doing it right.
When I get to the tone cut point, I'll double check the side
to side, which will be very narrow, and then finally decide
where I want to pull it back to make sure I'm right in the center.
In practice, this is quick once you get used to it.
You can be very accurate as long as you always are
careful to be in the middle when pulling back.
Also on the deeper coins, they can be a little bit farther
inwards due to the shape of the pattern at the max depths.
But most of my average stuff ends up being right outside
the inner coil.
The sniper is a different animal, and you use the center "X"
as the pinpoint spot. But it's so small, that is easy.. You just
go for max tone, being careful to be in the middle side to
side, and for and aft.
Here is one picture I made quite a while back. Those versions
are gone, as I changed servers.. I'll repost it on the new one..
MK
pinpoint.jpg

OK, then I was reading it correctly......Mine doesn't "center" at that spot (it's at the notch in the center if the coil) , so I guess if someone's having trouble PP'ing, try both spots.

lol, and if no one believes I dig "neat" holes, ask Echostar61 :rofl:

Smitty