Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 with sniper or 9x12?

aschwars

Hello, I am an ace user and I am wondering if I should get either the sniper coil or Th 9x12. I hunt in parks and occasionally in older areas.

Sniper Coil-Good for hunting close to metal objects like chain link fences, playground equipment, re-bar in sidewalks and also good to hunt in very trashy areas.

Large Coil- Better suited for deeper targets (rule of thumb-bigger coil = greater depth) and covering a larger area like a sports field in less time.

Therefore, if you like to hunt for coins and jewelery in at schools and playgrounds, get the sniper coil. If you decide to look for older deeper coins, get the large coil.

Hope this helps. I have both, and use both of them. I hardly use the stock coil.

:usaflag:My stock coil has been the luckiest for me..

You could also consider the new 8.5 x 11 DD coil, which is now available for the Ace 250. It might cover all of your needs with just one coil. Apart from what Garrett say below, it is reported to be very accurate for pinpointing.

Garrett say :

Double-D configuration provides greater detection depth and performance by significantly reducing the negative effects of heavily mineralized ground and saltwater interference,

Long, narrow detection field provides excellent scanning coverage and target separation ability, as compared to conventional coils,

Garrett exclusive: blunted tip and tail design further extended coil

I suggest that you try the newly available 8"x6" SEF (Butterfly) searchcoil for Ace 250. It is very stable and quite deep for such a small searchcoil. KellyCo sells them for $149.95 plus $9.95 shipping or on Ebay for $99 w/free shipping.:detecting:
I also recommend the 10"x14" DD Excelerator searchcoil. Same deal/same price.
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)