Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 with Sniper finds

CliffHanger

Info on the buttons and the Minnie ball (if it is a Minnie ball.) will be appreciated.
[attachment 53749 MinieampButtons.JPG]

[attachment 53750 SDZooPin.JPG]

It says Guardian Angel. The end around the hole for a necklace is corroded.

[attachment 53751 GuardAngel.JPG]

The gold chain is not gold. The silver bracelet is not silver but the medallion inside the bracelet is gold plated. The token is from Golfland. The shotgun shell base says REMINGTON UMC No 12 NITRO CLUB. Anyone know how old it is?
All the best Cliffhanger
[attachment 53753 DSCN2517.JPG]

Rem-UMC - Remington-UMC 1911-1960, then became R-P

Here is a link for old shotgun shells Shotgun shell ID Site

Pics are (4) CSA Gardners 3- 58 cal 1-54 cal. Take a look at the base. Does it look like an insert like the bases of the Gards?
The other bullet is an reenactment new bullet that replicates a
58 US minie. Note the deep base. It is much deeper than any CW bullet.
I have heard of groups using CSA type reenactment bullets. The base should tell.

Now I'll have to go through my 1/2 gallon can of shotgun shell bases. I have some old ones in there. Now I'll know how old!

Thanks again

Cliffhanger

[quote CliffHanger]Now I'll have to go through my 1/2 gallon can of shotgun shell bases. I have some old ones in there. Now I'll know how old!

Thanks again

Cliffhanger[/quote]With the internet, there seems to be a site for everything. Sure makes researching finds easy now days. I find quite a few of those here in my area. They make nice rings.

Blockade Runner. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Inside of the Minnie ball.
[attachment 54067 InsideMinnie.JPG]

Minnie ball.
[attachment 54068 DSCN2525.JPG]

Thanks again and all the best

Cliffhanger

PS Last year I found a Minnie ball with a star inside it and was told it was from the Washington armory.

n/t

Hey Cliffhanger,

I talked to a NSSA shooter today and he said that everybody and their brother create different molds for the bullets and try to replicate every various type for their particular weapon. I will not try to speculate on this minie. With your type of soil, did your Washington base come out the ground with the white ground effect?
This minie looks about similar in color to new .50 cal slugs I dig.
I do however realize that ground effects vary practically county to county around here and no telling in your neck of the woods. You need anything else let me know.
BR - Dave