Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 strikes silver

Shooter65

The other day I hit a local lake shore stumbling thru old wood and rocks. Found a sandy area and in working it my Ace went nuts. Got a real high end hit and came up with a Tiffany key ring made of silver. What a heavy chunk of silver too. The key ring was 6 inches down and not in an area where swimmers would have been. The key looks very old but the silver as usual is in great shape. Can't match it to any modern Tiffany key rings and the style is completely different than the modern made Tiffany. I was one happy fella.

n/t

Yikes, that is one nice find! Much of that vintage Tiffany stuff sells for big bucks. I did a little digging and couldn't find it but I'm sure there is somebody out there selling one someplace. There is a story my family sometimes shares about when my mother and her sister went to NYC in the 60s and went to Tiffany and Co. and came home with one of the least expensive items in the store. It was a silver key chain but a plain one with the balls on a crescent shaped key holder. Cost 50 bucks new as the story goes. My mother always says she was making 90 bucks a week at the time.

That is a once in a lifetimer find I bet. Your efforts off the beaten path really paid off handsomely!

Chris

John-Edmonton said:
I have never seen a silver key ring before.
Wish I had found it - I'd give it to my fashionable, ever stylish wife for Xmas. Im certain she could appreciate something like that.

Great find on your part !:thumbup:

Wow that is a piece of work,looks in great shape also.Nice find !!!

Sent a letter to TIFFANY and got a response yesterday from their Archives Dept. They said they are actively purchasing rare and unusual TIFFANY & CO objects for their Archives department and wanted to know what my asking price would be. Shoot, I don't even know where to start with this one guys. Might take it in for an appraisal.

it"s a good sign when the company who made them wants to buy it back i"d definitely do some research on it so you don"t get ripped.

Wow, that is a Nitro find as John would say. I hope you get lots of cash for that. Good Luck!!!:thumbup: