Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ace 250 strikes gold (i think)

jarviss

so we went up to Coloma again.
this time we took the Ace 250.
instead of hanging out in the river all day panning, we ventured away from the river...to where the dry riverbed used to be...little higher.
i had it on all metal mode and about 4 or 5 bars...and it beeped in the "gold-silver" range for 2" depth.
you're not supposed to dig in this area, but you are allowed to move rocks...we moved two rocks and found this nugget. :)

the ace is fun to use....we tried other locations but couldn't follow up with any other nug's.

:)
09052201.jpg

-G

Very nice jar. :detecting:

thanks guys...i had to keep asking the kids and the ladyfriend, "is it gold?"
because on this site and others...the gold always looks kind of oblong and....i don't know.."gooey" shaped....this just looked like a small tiny piece of gravel (which just happened to be gold colored)

so i looked all day at it and would look up at the kids..."are you sure? is this gold??"
they got tired of answering. LOL

on the drive home, i couldn't wait to take a picture of it and post it...in my mind i thought about setting it next to a dime for size comparison..
and in my mind...on that same drive home...the gold was bigger and bigger...by the time i got home, i had convinced myself it was half the size of a dime..
but when i put them side by side...reality came back..LOL.

thanks again.
the ACE 250 was a gift for my daughter, but me and my ladyfriend are hooked on the hobby, so i think she'll be getting the ace 250 with the (sports package? is that it) for her birthday.

cool,
today, we're off to the local library to see what this town looked like back in the day...wish us luck.
-G

Looks to be gold by the color. Is it heavy and slightly soft .?

i'll check it out..on the way back to davis from coloma...we stopped at some burger joint up there....i told the girl adn the kids that when the bill comes, i'm just gonna shave a bit of the nugget off and ask the guy "are we square" and tip my cowboy hat and walk off.

LOL
they laughed....but i think the kids were scared i'd actually do it.
(i'm known to embarrass them on occasion)

-G

There must be somebody in your area who could test it for you. It sure looks like gold in your photo, and if it is, it sure is a great find!

Chris

jarviss said:
i'll check it out..on the way back to davis from coloma...we stopped at some burger joint up there....i told the girl adn the kids that when the bill comes, i'm just gonna shave a bit of the nugget off and ask the guy "are we square" and tip my cowboy hat and walk off.

LOL
they laughed....but i think the kids were scared i'd actually do it.
(i'm known to embarrass them on occasion)

-G
:heh: thats funny

Alright!:super:Too cool!:bouncy:Congrats on the nuggett!:cheers:Looks to be about half a gram or so. Remember! DO NOT sell a nuggett for the London price on weight. Nuggetts can sell for twice(or more)as a specimen to a collector. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that one stayed in your collection, though! Nothin' wrong with that!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)