Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 showed up today on the front porch.....

nymohawk

Like many other detectors; there she was sitting there at the front door waiting on her switch to bring her to life. UPS had just left the block and I saw them leaving on my way home. I bought this (Just one more I told her) hehehe detector because of all your great reviews, and of course our good neighbor Khouse! hehehehe

Reality....I was impressed! Great detector! Can't really call it a beginner model. It's a profession well made and designed metal detector. Has very good depth and stability! The display was put together in a very user friendly and manageable array! I was pleased with the weight , the styling, and the features.
Thanks Garrett for a great detector!

Priced much too low to my surprise. The Tones and features available with the Ace 250 was comparable to higher top end detectors I used!

NYMOhawk

NYMOhawk,
I was very surprised at the quality and price also. I bought in to the X-terra hype but quickly sold my XT30 soon after receiving the Ace 250. I can say that there is no hype being spread on the forums about the 250. It's all true!

PS. You can send Mr. Garrett and extra $300.00 since you feel bad about paying just $220.00 for it!!!!!

Yeah,mohawk, I know this Khouse guy.........he's costed me alot of money....mods,sniper, etc. I'm just glad he made his own pinpointer and dont own the sunray probe!! I alread want one of them bad enough. If he had one I'd already had to break down and order it also. Speaking of khouse, I gotta run outside and see if my armcuff has arrived from garrett. Another one of his mods.........btw khouse, will a hairdryer work on the armcuff? I don't have a heatgun. Great idea btw, I can't stand it when i get excited thinking I found a silver dollar and dig up a can or something and my detector keeps turning over....when I get the money for a sunray I'll have to do that pinpoint trigger. Hope you don't decide to get a sunray anytime soon, I'M BROKE!!!! Later

One nice thing about the Sun Ray that you can't do with other probes - use it as a second detector for shallow coins.

Bill

Yeah, I'm bout to order one, I can't stand it!!!!!!!! I don't need to but oh well, I didn't NEED to order my detector or my wireless earphones either, but I DID!!! And don't regret either one!!

I didn't try a hair dryer. I don't think it would get hot enough. I had my gun set at about 400 degrees while carefully heating it up.
You know that cuff will not just bolt right on without modifying it? Also you have to use foam tape to take out some play on it.

Hi Guys this Ace 250 sounds like quite the detector,maybe I will halfto get some info on this detector from you guys,for I dont want to waste money on a detector just cuz its new,but not better than another model?well would you guys please let me know if maybe im on the wrong track with the detectors im looking at?thanks...Steve

Currently, and ever since it came out, the 250 offers more bang for the buck than anything else on the market. Garrett is selling them as fast as they can make them - and for good reason. Minelab tried to match the 250 but just couldn't cut it.

Bill

Well to be honest. If I had a budget od $500.00 and had to use all of it on a detector. I would have to buy two Ace 250's. An Ace 250 would be a good back up to a Ace 250.

I think he is talking about the Xterra-30. I had one but sold it soon after I got my 250. It wasn't a bad detector. But not worth twice the price. Also the XT30 has no small coil available.

I know more than one person who got the X-Terra and dumped it in favor of the 250 or have both and only use the 250. Garrett slipped it to the other manufacturers by putting out this cheap detector ( in price only ) and stuffed it full of hi-tech goodies from their top end machines. They are all still trying to catch up with Garrett. I can't wait to see what Garrett has up their sleeve to top the 250 with.

I knew something was up when I first field tested the 250. While it carried a price of $199 at the time the machine in my hand performed like an $800 + machine - quite a contradiction. Garrett finally done what all manufacturers are capable of doing but Garrett had the guts to do it.

Bill