Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 rain/dust cover?

cavinkeven

Who uses the rain/dust cover on their ace 250? I don't hunt in the rain, but once in a while it might sprinkle on me a bit. Seems a little pricey, do you think it's worth it? I guess my biggest concern is, it seems like it would kinda make the buttons hard to press and maybe the screen hard to see. How bout the headphone jack? Thanks

Ive used the cover on mine from day1 rain hail or shine , it protects it an looks better in my opion with it on and it causes no probs whatsoever regarding , Touch controls - viewing display -Hphone jack..... absolutely no dramas :thumbup:

Worth the money. No problems at all of any kind. I think it gives the Ace a professional touch too.

I use an environmental coverup in the Spring or anytime it's really muddy to eliminate the possibility of mud and water entering the box especially around the pinpoint button. I think for the 2500 it's around 10-12 bucks. Worth the dough. Check out Khouse's Ace 250 water modification. Very cool!

Chris

I cover mine with my now famous Bubble-Wrap and Duct Tape Recycled Cover. It aint stylish, but it does everything the high price models do. Plus, 'aint no thief gonna be interested in that raggedy lookin' thang - or the whacked out geezer swinging it! :detecting:

I have one on mine, and it stays on all the time. Doesn't make the buttons hard
to press, and it doesn't make the screen hard to see. I think it's worth it, but I use
mine more to keep the dirt out of the buttons, rather than rain out.
I didn't pay that much for mine as I recall.

Anybody know a good place to get one? Can't hardly find one that sells em. Kellyco does but dang they want $10 for shipping....Saw some on ebay for $13.88, dont remember the shipping. I may just order that one....

Money well spent.
I bought one a while back, but I'm only just starting to use it. Buttons are easy to press thought it and only sometimes does it get the sun to reflect to wrong way on it.
Keeping the weather and dirt off it is of only a minor concern to me. The main reason I like it is that combined with some insulation tape over the speaker holes, it reduces the audio down to a friendly volume. I hate wearing head phones. Changing coils or hooking up head phones are not impeded by it.
Mick Evans.

Try this idea on for size....
I went to our local top shop. You know, the place that makes boat tops and things like that. Took my 250 unit with me ;minus the coil shaft piece and talked to the lady running the sewing machine.
I had two dozen waterproof fabric colors to choose from and when I returned two hours later my yeller feller was wearing a pretty green jacket that fit perfectly.
Total charge of ten dollars.
I think the people working at a place like that enjoy a change from doing boat tops and awning covers day after day.

gordygroover said:
Try this idea on for size....
I went to our local top shop. You know, the place that makes boat tops and things like that. Took my 250 unit with me ;minus the coil shaft piece and talked to the lady running the sewing machine.
I had two dozen waterproof fabric colors to choose from and when I returned two hours later my yeller feller was wearing a pretty green jacket that fit perfectly.
Total charge of ten dollars.
I think the people working at a place like that enjoy a change from doing boat tops and awning covers day after day.

Did she make the front transparent so you could see the buttons and signals when in operations.
Possible to see a picture of it?

yeah the front is simplly clear window material from boat style windows.
In fact both materials came from the scrap pile.

If you are interested in doing the same thing just print a pic of a bonnet cover from a web site that sells them to take along with you. It will give them a general idea,
These people that work at top-shops are wizards with materials and customizing things.
Also while I was there I noticed a scrap of clear vinyl window material in the trash can. Took it home and cut it down to make a tough waterproof sleeve for my Bullseye pinpointer.

That's close to the price I paid. I think it was less than $15..
I forgot where I got mine, but I think it was with another order,
probably a coil, or coil cover, etc, so the shipping was probably
not much more than the other item alone.
I've seen two versions. Yellow with black piping, and I think Garrett
sells a black version. Mine is one of the yellow ones. When I got it,
Garrett didn't sell one yet. Mine was like a 3rd party cover, but
looks about the same as theirs, except for color.
Like I say, I think the best plus to one is keeping dirt out of the buttons.
The pinpointer button in particular. But I like the protection if it gets
whacked against something too. Adds a bit of cushion..
But like the coil covers, which I also have for all three coils, it's
kind of a option.. Not really required for normal use.

I wrap sandwich wrap around my control box. I also try to cover the cable connection as well.
No problems. I seem to remember someone posting a control box warmer for detecting on the snow.
Does anyone remember who that was?
Katz

I found there selling them on Ebay for $12.70 shipped.
So I have to say I'm a proud owner of one myself.
I thought maybe the clear plastic in front might be a problem.
Nope its not.
Best investment I bought since I bought the Ace 250.
Happy Hunting to all

Bruce