Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Performance vs The high -end Garrett VLF's

cannonball

Hello and greetings. I would like to know if any of you have high-end Garrett VLF's and a 250. What I am interested in knowing is how you find the 250 in comparison to your other Garrett VLF, and especially the depth performance. Also do any of you have the large coil Garrett offers for the 250 and how you find it for performance. Christmas is around the corner and the boy wants to be a Th'r.
Thank you , Cannonball

John is your man for those answers. Bill too, I imagine.

The Ace 250 is an excellent detector and I wish they were around when I got started. It really is a nice balance of performance and ease of use for a modern beginner.

But, it IS basic. A high end detector is just that, high end. It offers things the little 250 can't. I used to fuss over my .30-30 not having the same performance as my .30-06. Then it hit me - they aren't the same thing. Simple as it sounds, you have to adjust your actions to each. Simple and effective might be the better course for a kid.

Depth? This one thing is such an em-battled issue, that it would be funny if people didn't take it so seriously.
Currently, the GTI 2500 is the deepest detector available. However, that is in All Metal. Which isnt always practical.

What matters more often than not is discrimination, stability and target separation. The Ace is very good at these things.

I'm a little unsure of your question, but if you want a Garrett detector for a newcomer, then the 250 aint bad. It aint perfect, but little is. Besides, if he doesnt take to TH'ing, you can always sell at a good price and not lose much.