Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE 250 - no ground balance for hot rocks? A deal breaker!

marcoo

I am so close to buying an ACE 250, but read a field test on the minelab website about the xt-30 that said the ACE 250 didn't handle high mineralized ground so well.

http://206.188.2.79/field_tests/x-terra30.htm (do a page search for ACE 250 to read it faster)

This is a deal breaker for me as I live in the middle of gold country which according to a lot of what I have read is highly mineralized ground.

I really like this ACE 250 machine from all that I have read about it, but if I have the same problem as my old "Discovery 2000" I'll lose interest in this hobby quickly as I did before and I really enjoy MDing.

Anyone having problems in hot mineralized soils with their ACE 250?

If the ACE 250 is not good in hot soils, does anyone know if the GTP 1350 has the same problem?

Before I sign off I'd like to say "thank you" to everyone who have replied to my many posts if I haven't already. You know who you are and I want to make sure you know I appreciate your time and wisdom. Trying to sort out all the hype has been a lot easier thanks to you all, but still the research has been a ton of work. HH

I just read the pages and pages and pages and pages on the XT-30, and quite frankly would buy the ACE 250 over the XT hands down.

Why? Because the coils cost much less, the detector costs less, it's made in USA and it has proven itself time and time again in various environments and countries to have a great ability to find gold rings, gold jewellery and yes.......gold nuggets too. As far as hot rocks are concerned, all machines find hot rocks a challenge to deal with. But, to solve the hot rock problem for gold searching, you will have to look at spending at least 3X the amount that the ACE 250 costs and can easily spend up to $3,000.00 for a machine. Garrett does make a machine that can handle both hot rocks for small nuggets and also has a discrimination mode too. Check it out.......

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/products/scorpiongold.htm

<center>

Thank you all for your comments. Had a Garrett dealer send me a private message saying the ACE 250 is not good in hot soil and suggested another machine out of my budget.

I also had a call into Garrett and when they called back they also said I would be unhappy with the Ace 250 in hot soil. I am unhappy, but I really appreciated their honesty. It sounds like the ACE 250 is a real fun machine. Maybe when they come out with a DD coil I can look at it again.

So... I took a number of your suggestions and tried to buy a used MXT, but the dealer called six hours later after I placed my order on the internet in their "live online store" and said someone walked into their shop and bought it earlier that day and they didn't update their website. So much for a "live online store". But they had another one for $85 more which was really no deal at all compared with a new one. Left a bad taste in my mouth trying to upsell me like that. It would have been better not to say anything at all except maybe I'd be at the top of the list for the next one to come in or eat the difference. I was very disappointed having at last made a decision after a month of research, gathered my courage to place the order only to hear hours later, they wouldn't honor my order.

I'm going to keep looking. The XT-30 and 70 look good as do some Tesoro's. Love to get a 2500, but I'm not made of money. The MXT is still top of the list if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Again, thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions. I hope this post will help others in areas with hot soil in their decision process.

Best wishes all. HH

Yeah John I directed him to the Stinger as an alternative. It's only a couple of hundred more than the 250 and can be used for everything. Just think if they made a 250 with manual GB. They never would catch up.:)

Bill

Hi Marcco, My son used my Ace 250 this weekend and he has about 200 coins to show for it. I know for a fact that you have no more mineralization in your area than I have here in Caldwell. You will be happy with the detector believe me.

I live in Oregon where the soil is volcanic and it works fine here. What part of the world do you live in and what will you be hunting for.

Bill

i use the ace 250 in az & it works great & the ground here is hot.
its giving my very expencive detectors a run:yikes:.
the ace is a great choice.:wiggle:
good hunting

Hey Marcoo, I live not to far from you and I don't have any problems using my ace 250. Idaho is high in mineralization but it is not going to bother the Ace 250 that much. I have talked with Garretts and they sell a lot of Aces in Idaho through dealers. If you are going to worry about mineralization all the time you are going to miss out on a good detector, because it works for me and others that I know in Idaho. I know of 3 guys and one gal who have ace 250s and all but one lives within 100 miles of you and their finds keep building up. HH Dennis in Idaho