Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250....I'm Impressed

brobox

I have seen everybody raving about their ACE 250's so I had to try one. It arrived Friday and yesterday I took it to one of my relic spots for a couple of hours. I was impressed with the target separation of the 250. One of the round balls was next to a piece of iron and the 250 was able to sound off on both targets. That was impressive as both target came out in the same shovel full of dirt. It was also very sensitive to small brass which makes it a nice relic machine. In just a couple of hours, 3 round balls an Eagle"A" a flower button and misc. camp brass. I can now see why everybody is raving about their 250's it is a nice machine and the price can't be beat.

Chuck in Cape Coral

After trying the 250 for the first time with the stock coil the 9X12 will be ordered in the morning. I did an air test with the flower button against the 250 and my expensive relic machine. The 250 was 8 inches with a strong signal and the stock coil. The expensive relic machine was 9 inches with a weak diggable signal and the larger coil. Very interesting!

HH,
Chuck in Cape Coral

Forgot to say the 250 is very sensitive to small items. Check out my post on the tiny silver ring found with the 250. Also found a baby's 14 KT gold baptismal ring with the 250 and it is one tiny sucker.

Bill

I ran the 250 in the relic mode 90% of the time and switched to all metal just to check signals. Iron really discriminated out nice. The 250 would make one medium tone beep over large iron, then immediately go to low tone iron on the next pass. I have very expensive machines that won't to that.

As for the signal reading, I don't pay much attention to the meter as I am a tone hunter, but I did glance at the meter on one of the round balls and it was bouncing between nickel and pull tab. I can tell more on a target by the tone versus a meter reading if the detector has GOOD tone separation and the Ace 250 does. Both of the brass buttons did read a strong nickel reading, but rang off like a dime would (short and sweet) I knew they were good targets just by the sound.

HH,

Chuck in Cape Coral

Hello Chuck,

Nice finds. By the way, what unit were you comparing the 250 to?

Thanks,

Rob