Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE 250 depth? How deep do you find coins?

I normally max get 6 to 8 inches on coins and 8 to 10 inches on huge targets.

pk

Most of the coins i find are from ground level to 4 inches. I have dug coins at 8 inches but the signal can be hard for the 250 to tell what type of coin it is, My 250 is dead on the money finding coins up to 6 inches. Just depends on the soil,the way the coin is laying there is just to many variables to say how far a 250 will go.

absolute deepest was an indian penny at 7 inches, and it was a very iffy signal, most times even wheats at 5-6 are not solid signals, they tend to bounce around some.

my deepest was a 1835 silver sixpence at 8-9 inch it was a very faint signal. i had the sens at 7 bars in all metal.

It depends upon so much. Some sites with certain conditions 4 inches. If conditions improve a bit it can get much deeper. I was out with my 2500 today and I had one clad dime that for whatever reason gave a nice strong repeating signal at 7 inches. I dug a pretty big hole recovering it and I was 90 percent sure it was going to be silver. It was a 1977 clad dime. I checked the hole for more coins and there were none. Almost everything else today was between 0-4 inches.

FYI, I used a grinding wheel and marked off one inch increments on my digging tool.

Silver is much more conductive than copper so you will detect silver coins deeper. With my Ace 250 I found silver coins at 6-8 inches. With my 2500 I dug a silver quarter at 10 inches in discriminate mode in very swampy ground.

Good luck. Don't worry too much about depth. Most of my real keepers are less than 4 inches. As your technique improves, you will find more deep targets.

Chris

The problem is that I usually make finds around 4 inches, however I went to an old house that I know has been hunted before and I did not find one coin and I probably went right over deeper coins like the others. I have got faint signals but I just cannot pinpoint them and am worried about how I hunt coins.

i"v had the problem of being unable to pinpoint faint signals to but have found if i pinpoint without using the pinpoint button & dig a larger plug i can usually find the target. sometimes i re pinpoint after digging the plug this usually makes finding the target easy"er.

DEpth should be the least of your worries. Depth is a fleeting term used in ad hype and bragging sessions. Most dropped coins are well within the reach of most detectors out there Just get a machine that is suited to you and one you'll be happy using and you'll find all the goodies you want. My average coin finds with the 250 are 2-6 inches but have found a few at ten inches in bark chips. It ain't fun retrieving really deep finds so I'm happy they ain't all buried halfway to China.

Bill