Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Beach Settings

monoman

hi all going to the beach on saturday and was wondering what the best settings would be
jewelery
all metal = junk
thanks MM

Set up in Jewellery mode, run your sensitivity up as high as 6 or 7 bars in the dry sand. If you want to hunt in the wet sand, the Ace will tend to false, but this can be overcome by reducing your sensitivity down to 5 bars. Stay in jewellery mode but also knock out the next lowest notch. This will allow you to still hear small gold rings but stop the falsing from occurring. You will only have half the depth in the wet sand, but this is normal for most VLF detectors. The coil doesn't like waves crashing over it, as you can get chronic falsing when that occurs.
Mick Evans.

i"v hit a few Beach's in Melbourne i 'd stick to the dry sand turn the senc as high as you can run in all metal & just leave the iron tones in the sand, there's a lot of people who hunt the popular Beach's most use mine lab sovereigns, excals & explorers these detectors hit coin size targets deep in the saltwater & wet sand, wheres the ace loves smaller stuff ( big stuff = coins & big to med gold rings small stuff = small gold rings usually with stones ) & it does well in the dry sand & goes quite deep. most detector users hit the wet sand first as the dry sand has more junk if you are prepared to dig some junk you might find some missed goodies as well
my tip is in all metal if you get a bouncing target from iron to foil to 5c or just iron to foil scrape a couple of inch of sand away with your foot swing the coil over again if the target hits mainly foil to 5c dig it i"v found deep gold by doing this if it hits mainly iron leave it as that's what it is.
i really hope this helps you find some nice gold rings :thumbup:
lazyaussie