Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 & Beach hunting

Weekendwarrior

I want to thank everyone for the Ace 250 advice, but was wondering if it could be used for the beach? Can you get the coil wet? I like to beach hunt as well, but the Bounty Hunter I have does not like the beach at all and constantly gives false signals.

I have used my 250 on the beach, yes you can get the coil wet, but if you are using the 9X12 coil on the dry sand don't use the coil cover as it fills with sand and is heavy to swing, just keep the coil an inch or so above the sand. HH Ken

Yes you can use the Ace 250 on the beach on dry sand and it will work great.. If you want to try it in the wet sand you really have to cut the sensitivity way down to keep from getting false signals and dig only steady repeatable signals.

David

Many do well at the beach with the 250. Everything is waterproof except the control box. Just don't get it wet.

Bill

It worked fine for me, but watch out for jelly fish, they read as a nickel. I almost starting digging into one, but they all read as a nickel.
I did have a lot of trouble with the real wet sand with false signals, but there is plenty of dry sand to search in.

ndhill1976 said:
It worked fine for me, but watch out for jelly fish, they read as a nickel. I almost starting digging into one, but they all read as a nickel.
I did have a lot of trouble with the real wet sand with false signals, but there is plenty of dry sand to search in.

you serious you dug as jelly fish ,,,lol ... anyways the 250 will kill the beach pay attention to when it acts up
cut the sens down and continue

Tom

its a nice little beach machine works great on dry sand but if you go to more shallow wet sand turn the disc lower so you reduce the false signals that might accur and don't get the control box wet or the machine will become broken

Ace 250 is a great beach machine.:thumbup:My wife does better than me sometimes and I'll be usin' the GTI on dry and Infinium in surf!:twodetecting: Happy Hunting!