Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250->1500

Stingraymb

I've been using an ACE 250 for a few months and bought a lightly used 1500 which should be here this week - Which I'm very anxious to try out. I've found a lot of coins (500 or so) and misc stuff with the Ace. I haven't had much luck around old houses. I don't know if they have been detected (I don't have that impression) or if the 250 isn't getting down deep enough. Some of the houses had deteriorated metal roofs in the ground, others had a lot of misc. junk (even with the sniper coil it was tough). Other old house I've detected have been fairly clean, just very few coins (and all clad).
Another situation which I hope to minimize, with the Ace I get the coin (albeit not usually steady on one coin size) indicator at 4 inches, and have dug countless beverage cans at 8 inches. Whenever I see the "4 inches" indicator, half the time I'm usually in for an old Bud can.

Questions re. the 1500 -
On the pics which I've seen of the screen, I don't see where the depth is indicated - maybe the pics were taken with the detector in a different mode?

Will I notice a big difference in depth between the Ace and 1500?

Thanks for any feedback. MB

The 1500 has a similar depth indicator, but it's a horizontal bar instead of the vertical one on the 250. Get ready to slow that sweep speed down. The 1500 is not near as quick on the target response recovery as the 250 is. The imaging is usually correct down to about 6" in good conditions, but after that, it's a crapshoot. I was using mine this past weekeend, dry, sunbaked soil and was getting "C" sized-6" on the imaging, but dug 'em anyways and the were crusty old memorial pennies. Depth was correct, but should have been "B" sized. If it belltones and is deep, I dig 'em. I use mine if I know I'm going to hunt a place like a nice lawn and only dig the "B" sized belltones. I may miss a few, but at least just about everything dug is a keeper. You will probably get a little more depth with the 1500/stock coil, but if you really want more depth with it, get a 12" imaging coil.Good luck and have some fun!!