Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Accessories Help For My New Excal 2

stillhuntin

I am ordering accessories for my new Excal 2, in the cart so far i have,1 Anderson Over Under Straight Shaft,(is this the right shaft)1- Anderson Arm Guard Knob Protector and 1- Ear training CD from Toni,i want to set it up right from the get go,all my other machines are Whites and took forever to get them set up right.Any opinions from other Excal users will be greatful.

the only other thing you might consider are the new books out about the excal 11 by andy sabasch
the ear training cd is very good to use before going to a hunt.
ive had my machine for about a year now and love it, im about to change the headsets tho, the ones that come stock after awhile at beach
wear out your ears..other than that just practice practice:detecting::minelab::usaflag:

Mine is set up with a Lightning Rod, from Joe Demarco (Demarco Detector Sales). I have used Anderson (CZ21) before, it is a good shaft. I am running Gray Ghost Underwater headphones too. Great mod, but it voids the warranty, if you install them. Minelab no longer will perform the installation. Also Clive James Clynick's (AKA cjc) latest 2 Excal books are excellent resources. The CD may help, but don't trust it as the gospel, there is WAY too much variation in tones of the different targets, to go by it totally, but it wil help. When a target is not laying perfectly flat, it will sound much different. Actual in the field experience, is the best practice.

[size=large]Actual in the field experience, is the best practice.[/size]

any good straight shaft will work fine......................just remember to flush it out often with fresh water and dis-assemble often or the lower fiber rod will seize in the upper alum. shaft and u will be hating life to try and get the 2 apart.

u will need a nice sturdy kick ass scoop for the holes u are getting ready to dig toooo.........the bigger the better if u are kinda young.