Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

accept/reject

brnhn4

I recently dug up a screw cap (not a twist off) and I pushed the accept/reject button but it would come back with a different I.D. number I continued to push the accept/reject button until my bar graph was completely black. What do I do to eliminate this target? please help!

I fiddled around with this one day - tried to notch out pull tabs and bottle caps. Dug a bottle cap and scanned it. Hit reject. Scan again hit reject again, etc. You have to notch out a lot so that you really "reject" the item or numbers above/below will sound off. Guess I had limited success but never really went back to it. I like to hear everything and then let my brain tell me if it's good or bad. Trouble is some of those junk items are too close to good signals to take a chance on missing something good.

Personally I don't discriminate anything out as some of your gold rings could read the same ID as a screw cap. If you discriminate, there's ever chance you'll lose out on good targets.:twodetecting:

I agree with Mirage. I really don't notch out trash as i have found gold rings Can hit between 13-17 I have also dug small gold medallions and earrings from 11-13 and silver from 30-39. I recently dug a silver war nickel that hit at 18 (dug it just out of curiosity). I usually let the tone determine whether or not i dig. The only numbers that i have dug and found nothing but trash so far are 20-29 so these i don't dig. I also hunt in C/J so i am not digging the minus #s either. I am probably missing some stuff but I can live with that.

HH Rick

I agree, I tried the same thing and was masking out good targets! Thank goodness for the "hold power button" feature to restore the defaults.

I agree now that I have played around a little I can tell the difference between junk and good targets. I do have one comment or question, I noticed when I get a signal and the target id jumps around I pretty much feel that it is junk is this true?

My Safari arrived today, so I tried it out in my cousins back yard. Things went pretty well the first 30 to 45 minutes. put it in coin mode and found a wheat penny with a unrecognizable date. Got on another target under a tree and and then started digging, then try hole again and pin point, then dig some more. This went on a couple of minutes. I was doing my ground balance several times just to make sure things where OK. What ever it was it seemed like it kept moving. So I would dig in another direction. Then check it again and it was gone? Did a pin point and my machine started acting crazy, so I turned it off and restarted in again. When I would pin point, it would make the noise when I was holding it in the air away from me and when I would put it on the ground, it would go silent. Once, the pin point graph was dancing like music was going through it. By this time, I thought maybe my batteries was going bad or something. Got home and took it out and it did it again after about 20 minutes. Had three bars in the battery window, so that's not it. Any ides anyone? Didn't seem to be getting the depth like i was expecting when I would air test it with a coin on the top of the ground, it Seems like 6 to 7 inches and nothing after that when I raise my coil up and down on top of a coin. I hope it's just me, and not the machine. I don;t have a clue. I had a MXT before this and never had issues like this with it. Any help will be much appreciated. Lee in East Tennessee