Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

? About all purpose MD - Beach/Surf Hunting

Weekendwarrior

I am still fairly new to the hunt but have been using a Bounty Hunter for land and beach hunts. I am looking to purchase a reliable cheaper all purpose MD to use specifically in the surf and wet sand. I have been happy with my BH but can only hunt the dry areas of the beach, once it get's near wet sand it goes crazy. All advice is appreciated...

First off its better to spend as much as you can afford because there is a difference between a good water machine and a cheap one...

If you want to save some and not go say over $1000 you can try the Detector Pro line, Tereso Tiger Shark, Garrett Seahunter, Whites Beachhunter300... there are others as well... many here like the Minelab Excalibur buts its not cheap...

Stay away from Detectors like the Viper or Cobra Beach Magnet...

Detector Pro Pirate is your least expensive and most reliable one but it cannot get totally wet. If you want a good machine that can get wet then be prepared to spend the money. Cheap will only get you a hole in your pocketbook.

I suggest considering only quality and then buy used in the classified on this forum. I did that with an Excalibur and got a quality machine to start using from the get go. If you get a reasonable price, you'll still be ahead even if you have to send it in for repairs. Lag in quality will only cost you more down the road...if you stick with the hobby. Regards...Jim.

I use a BH Time Ranger (200:geek:. It seems to work in Dry & wet sand ok.($395.50). Im still getting experience with it.

for what its worth I bought 2 used excals off ebay 4 yrs ago and have found thousands of coins and hundreds of rings. I sent them both in to get resealed and the new head phones and it was very reasonable, they were about $650 to $700 on ebay.

In Oz, there's a thing called a "Aqua Snoop", it's only $340 aud, a chinese machine, jully waterproof, not sure who would be selling them where you live but you can find them in Kmart and stores like that but with a different name. I was told it goes 1/2 an inch less deep on an Ausie dollar coin in dry or wet sand (I can't remember) compared to an Excalibur and it handles ground conditions. It would be good for a backup or for your children.