Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

About 9 hours of hunting a 15' x 15' spot...

Steve(OR)

It started out with the SLQ in August: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1025343

... and about every weekend since, for about an hour or so each, I've plucked out the following - all about 6 inches (+/-) down:

[attachment 141617 the_spot.jpg]

• 1907 S Barber dime (... was hitting more like an IH on the SmartFind screen - BUT, it sounded like silver! It's really thin, and nearly all the reeding is gone. About 3 feet away from the SLQ above)
  • 1918 S Merc (... worn surface. Sounded good though.)
  • 1923 S Merc (... the pic doesn't do it justice - it's in great shape)
  • 1924 S Buffalo (... oh, this poor key-date nickel. The day it was lost, it was probably at least VF-20. Now, it's just a corroded nickel. About 4 inches away from the Barber. The most disappointing coin of the bunch.)
  • 1941 Merc (... another nice Merc)
  • 1942 S Merc
  • 1943 S Merc
  • 1945 S Merc (... good shape, but I scratched it!!)
  • 1945 S Merc (... same as the other '45, but I didn't scratch it)
  • 1948 S Rosie
  • 1957 D Rosie (... wow, a D mint mark!)

I think there's more there too... just have to go dig them up! :devil:

SCM

Merc's are one of the prettier Coins that were minted I think and really enjoy it when I am popping them out of the ground. Congrats on some nice Silver Finds Steve(OR) and hope there are a few more there on you next return hunt. Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

Take your time Steve, like you said,
there are probably more there.... you
just gotta find them. Congrats on a good
collection of silvers. Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Nice job. Pretty cool to have that many silver coins come out of 1 small area. Any IH's or Wheaties with them or has it been all silver? I imagine you've removed a sizable pile of junk along with all the silver.

Best of luck - Rich