Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Abandoned RailRoad Bed Newburyport Massachsuetts #1

Ron J

[attachment 46271 Newburyport029.jpg] Been thinking of "lost" or "hidden" places of interest,whether,your a history buff,or a detectorist. The photo's I'm trying to put together,are of places,that are in right in front of our eyes everyday! We "see" them,we drive thru them,we drive over them. The things/places,I'm talking about are in every town,every state/province.Anyone can do it,just got to open your eye's,and catch them,before they are gobbled up by development or urban renewal.In this case,its a forgotten railroad underpass,and bed. Route 1A is a heavily traveled route,and travels over this thruway.I can't imagine how many people have driven over it,and don't have a clue,what they are missing,or couldn't care. I Do. [attachment 46272 Newburyport030.jpg] Can you imagine a train going thru this opening,black smoke billowing from it stack? The bed continues thru a tightly built neighborhood. Most of the bed is overgrown,or fenced off,but i traced it all the way to the Merrimack River,where it appears to follow the banks.Too nip to walk it today. Enjoy,and CHECK OUT #2 for more pictures.

right, there are good spots all around us, hidden in plain view. When I go to a new area I like to visit the local historical society or find old people, like Wayne or Linda, they are always friendly if you talk loudly and they will just ramble on and on about the area they grew up in, if they can remember. :D

You live in a very old area. The lower part of Michigan was settled in the 1830's and you folks have people living in houses that were standing back then.

The older I get the more I like history. Probably because I can rememeber it

The history is there, for sure. Alls we have to do is seek it and not let the first wall stop us.

Once I found a V nickle and a gold man's ring near the train track bed and the old cemetery of Prague, (Jefferson County) Arkansas...a direct result of good detective work.

Thanks for the pix and the story, Ron!

aj

n/t