Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A word to the wise on the F75

Tinfoil

You know the black cover they give you for the control box. You better put it on and keep it on. If a little piece of dirt or sand gets in the menue button it will cause it to stick. Had a hell of a time getting mine unstuck. Your ID goes and you can't change anything. Otherwise besides a split cousion on the handle at the bottom. This third F75 has been working great. I really like the small coil. It did pretty good in the iron and the trash. Still testing it and the X70 6" 18.75KHx DD coil. :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

It does not appear that you can call them and get a replacement and put it on without having to dissasemble the control box as the wires run from the rear box to the handle then up the handle to the Id head. That is what that warrenty is for and I sure don't want to do anything to voild the warrenty. They are going to have to do something about the springs in the housing also as they are just weak and do not put enough tention on the batteries allowing them to flop around inside of the housing and causing it to flase when you bump something. I guess you just have to put up with some quality issuses they need to take care of. However if you bought one without a warrenty which I would never do, especially a F75. I guess you are SOL. :shrug: Even with all the things wrong with the Quality build part of it it is still a good detector. I will send mine in later as I am going back to Fl. for another long vacation. I just love being retired. HH Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

We have avoided that problem by using some vetwrap over the orinal black material.

When it get dirty just unwrap it and replace with some more a roll of 4" wide will last you for about a year.

If and When you sell the machine the original black cover looks almost new.

Vetwrap comes in a choice of colours and is not tacky to touch.

Ian sure your local vet can supply you.

ATB,Jerry. F75 and X70

I don't think the problem is weak springs, it has to do with the depth of the groove on the positive side, often hits the outer top of the battery and doesn't allow the protruding positive connection to make good contact. I had some nicads that didn't even come close to making contact.

Chris

Jerry,

Since I own both the F75 and an X-Terra 50 and am planning to ask for a small coil for Christmas this year, I'm not sure which way I should go. If you could only find under the tree on Christmas morning, which one would you wish for?

Thanks,
Bart

F75 all the way buddy way better machine in Calif soil and the new coil is on the way for me and I know it will be a killer add on.