Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A whiney story .............

JB(MS)

My youngest daughter, Jamie, flew down from Harrisburg, PA for the holidays. We got her a ticket a couple of months ago at a lower cost than if we waited and she was scheduled to leave early Sunday morning and fly back late Friday. She got to the airport, checked through security and went in where you wait to board the plane, but a few minutes before boarding time someone stole her purse that had all of her ID in it. She left it in a chair with her carry-on bag for a few seconds to get a cup of coffee and someone grabbed it. She reported the theft and asked if she could come on without it but was told she couldn't board the plane without any ID. She called us, crying, said she didn't know what to do. I tried to calm her down and told her don't worry that it would work out. Everyone here was also upset but there was nothing we could do other than give her moral support. The security people looked at tapes to see if they could see anyone who might have got her purse but no luck.

They did refund most of the ticket cost and told her if she had any other form of ID she could buy a ticket for a later flight. She went home to look for her passport while I searched online for a ticket. She didn't find the passport but about 4 p.m. the airport folks called and said they found her purse in a trashcan in one of the mens restrooms. Her money was gone but everything else was still there so it wasn't a total loss.

The first flight we could get a ticket for was to the small airport at Tupelo, MS on Christmas day, which meant postponing our traditional Christmas Eve family meal until the next day, and her return flight was on Friday. The ticket was almost three times the cost of the other ticket but worth every cent to have her here for at least part of the holidays.

After she got here, the crazy cat she left with us awhile back ran out when my other daughter came in the door. She raised in inside and it goes running wild and crazy as a bessie bug when it gets out, so Jamie, my grand daughter and I went out to try to catch it. We eventually hemmed it up in a corner between the chainlink fence around our back yard and house but it made a run to go between us. I took a couple of fast steps and headed it off but when I tried to stop my right foot slipped on the wet ground and I had bad fall. My left leg doubled back under me and I busted my butt. I've been having some pretty painful problems with my left knee for a couple of months anyway, and in addition to twisting it badly it tore the thigh muscle, sprained my left ankle and bunged up my left arm and wrist from trying to catch myself. Too old for that kind of stuff, just haven't realized it yet:(. I'm hobbling around and sore as the dickens, but better than yesterday so I'll be ok in a few days.

To make things worse, the airline called today and said they screwed up, that they don't have any flights scheduled from Tupelo Friday and she'll have to fly out at 6 a.m. in the morning. She raised all kind of cane with them, even said a couple of dirty words, but was told she had to fly out on that plane or pay an additional $300 for a flight late Saturday. She has to be back early Saturday so that was out of the question. She worked for US Airways for a couple of years and thinks she can get a partial refund because of the circumstance but that won't replace the two days she would have been here. We're happy she got to spend the time with us, even though we got shorted two days, but hopefully her next trip down will go a little better for all of us. It was still a great Christmas, especially since both daughters and our two grandkids were here:).

n/t

sure is an upside to have your girl there at Christmas tho!
Its lucky for those slimeballs that the cops catch them and not us!
Time to rest up ol' boy :biggrin:

to what can be an aggravating holiday time with all the rushing around and stuff.bet your daughter was glad to at least get her i.d. back,that would have been a pain to replace.

better take it easy and not jeopardize your detector swinging arm over some cat:),hope you heal up alright.

n/t

n/t

said it right, it's that you got to visit with each other and all the other family that really counted. As far as banging yourself up, I hate that! We heal, JB, maybe a bit more slowly, but we do! Hope your New Year is a great one! :)

Incompetent airlines do come a close second though. All around bad circumstance except that in the end, everything will come to pass. You just have to shake your head sometimes and wait for better days. Hope your limited time together was still special, as I'm sure it was. Merry Christmas anyways to you and yours JB !:)