Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A while back I mentioned "Glassy Island".......well, we made it there for a couple of hours........

Jim called me at 7:00 a.m. this morning informing me that our friend from work had agreed to take us out to the island for a couple of hours. Jim made it to the island once last year and found a bottle that lists for $400.00. A quick coffee and out the door I went. This island glimmers with glass. It was once a dumping ground of glass products for the city of Detroit prior and after the turn of the century. Geez.....I could easily spend a full day there. The earliest and best stuff is about a foot or two below surface but we still managed to salvage a few goodies just scouring the top. Enjoy the pics........I've finally figured out how to post pics with a program that I've had all along. The pic size isn't where I'd like it but it'll do for now. Jim and Rob's Excellent Adventure !:)

Pic 1...Approaching the island.[attachment 54675 bottlehunt005.jpg]
Pic 2...This place has glass EVERYWHERE ![attachment 54676 bottlehunt010.jpg]
Pic 3...Our friend Doug and Piper with a creamer he just found.[attachment 54677 bottlehunt009.jpg]
Pic 4...Myself and Piper....I think he sampled his find.[attachment 54678 bottlehunt015.jpg]
Pic 5...My favorite bottles of the brief hunt....I love the war advertising on it....buy war bonds and stamps...pretty cool.[attachment 54680 milkbottles002.jpg]

I guess the instructions were too tough. Drag and click:shrug:

n/t

a computer geek. I saved your e-mail with that program. Rome wasn't built in a day you know ?:rofl:

but they could never exhaust this place Royal. It's a good sized island and the glass is everywhere...........acres and acres of it !

i sold most of mine because they were gathering dust everywhere! You have a virtual goldmine there bud!

I found more than a few area's that I would have loved to dig a couple of feet down. There'd be four or five very early broken coke bottles or dairy bottles half on the surface........I couldn't help but wonder what was underneath. Jim found a couple of late 1800's medicine bottles and a few blop tops........I couldn't believe how much there is of this stuff on that island. And that's not counting what's in the water, visible to the eye. Might have to get ourselves a small aluminum fishing boat with a twenty-five horse.

n/t

:cry:Mike You Just can't Imagine The Bottles In this Place.If You Pick To fast Theres No Room In the Boat .All i Go after Is the cobalt Blue Found Some Real Keepers To-Day.I Found the Most Beautiful Lemon Lime Green Candy Jar I Almost Couldn't Believe It. It was Lying On The suface Not a Mark on It.Instead Of taking it back to the Boat I Put it in A carry Bag.:cry:The Bottom Uo the Bag Let go Smash I Must Have Cryed For An Hour:ranting:I Estimate It was a 500$ bottle.Rob Was Like a kid In a candy store What a day we had.I'll Have Him post some Of the Blues i found. JIM. :thumbup:

Royal The Bottle Dealers Go there and dig Early Candy Jars.The Colours are Really Awsomme.Blues Greens And reds 1900s.Next time We will dig There about a Foot Under The Soil is really soft The window To hunt is about Two Weeks Early spring Late fall.In about a week It will be coverd By Weeds Also the snakes come Out the island is infested By Black Water snakes in the summer. You have to Watch out for them Bad bites.No one goes There In summer to dangerous But Rob and Me Will Dig It Again :thumbup:

they are more scary than dangerous but you can get an infection from the crud on their teeth.

I bet a diver or snorkeler could do well around the perimeter of the island

n/t

Hi OJM.Nice Poison Bottle Does It Have a Makers Mark On Bottum Or any Other writing On sides.It's a Cobalt Blue Very Collectible .Any More info Whould Help But It's 1880 to 1910 i'll just give you a low ball estimate 120$ to 200$ It Could Very but Thats A Real Nice Cobalt Blue Plus the Ribbing On Sides Adds To Value.It Could Go Up And I think It Will Congratulations On a nice Find :thumbup: JIM..