Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A very target rich environment :)

Dan(NM)

I got out this past Sunday to hunt a place we hunted a couple weeks back to give it another pounding. It's a WW1/WW2 dump site out in the desert, it looks to have been burned somewhere and dumped here and spread out. Just under the surface is powdered ash, some things look burnt, others don't. It's littered with every type of metal you can think of, copper, alum, brass, lead and iron everywhere. I was running park 1, using the 6" coil, recovery speed 6, sens 18, 0 disc, 0 iron bias, 2 tones with my tone break at 17 and ground balance at 0
I decided to go over the same area that me and another guy had hit previously only from a different direction, :) man we both suck lol, it was like we never hunted it before. I spent close to 9 hours going slowly thru all the crap, I was amazed at how much we had missed !!
As you can see, it pays to hit a spot from different directions multiple times. My favorite finds are the large rosettes, the 2 WW1 dog tags, the heart rosette and the collar buttons.

That heart buckle cover is in great shape. You ought to be getting very proficient with 6 inch coil lol!!
HH Jeff

Nice finds Dan I'm itching to get out been crazy at work..

laplander said:
That heart buckle cover is in great shape. You ought to be getting very proficient with 6 inch coil lol!!
HH Jeff

Thanks Jeff, that 6" coil with a high recovery speed is a deadly combo!!

Absolutely incredible... looks like a very tough environment to hunt with all those cinders and whatnot...

What an amazing site!! and some awesome finds!!! I'm sure your gonna get a ton more lol.... Keep the pictures coming