Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A very good choice

Isign4Him

Bought my first detector a little over a year ago, Ace 250, was impressed with the Yeller Feller". Found several silver coins, including a 1912 Barber dime, a buffaloe nickel a truckload of wheaties, 2 tax tokens and some cool Boy Scout items from the 50s. Not bad considering I work 2 jobs and have a wife, so hunting time is very limited. 2 weeks ago after extensive research, and quizzing my friends with DFXs and MXTS I decided on purchasing an M6 lol. The first weekend out was just a get used to it and learn a new machine hunt. Found a few dollars in clad. Then, yesterday I got a wild hair around 3:00pm and decided to hunt a small "hunted out area" (my first time at this area). About 15 minutes into the hunt I had dug a few pennies, when I got a faint signal and presto 81/2 inches a 1956 quarter. A few minutes later a faint signal and bingo a 1937 wheatie at 9 inches! This M6 is a coin sniffing hound! Glad I made the choice. Okay I rambled, sorry but I was excited lol !

Howdy lsign4Him

You are getting it down pat when you can recognise the faint deepies. These are the type of signals that raise the hair on the back of my head, and stop me dead in my tracks. If the signal repeats in both directions of sweep
I am down and diggin. Have fun.........Hombre

Question ? how do ya pinpoint those faint signals.. I got lucky yesterday.. I still havent figured out how lol...on the quarter I got no sound or readings on VDI only a faint hit so I cut a about a 3 inch plug and then I pinpointedm there. Got a nice signal then. Am I on the right track?

I've had the same experience. After multiple Xes, I cut a bigger plug than usual and that usually does it. While Xing, I'm usually trying to average out a "best guess" as to the center of the signal. Others may have a more precise approach.
BB

Have you eve seen a bird dog get that faint wiff of pheasant and stop dead in his tracks and point like a statue...Well, that is what it is like when you hear those "whisper" signals...lol
Gotta Love it!!

HH,

GoGoGopher

... sure beats the usual run of the mill humdrum, dont you think?

I find that that first couple of inches of sod will impede the signal, so by removing it you will get a solid hit then, or a more accurate ID. So You go along and get a faint signal that looks like something an the margin of what you might dig. After removing that layer of sod you can really narrow things down.

Howdy Isign4Him
I go to my pinpoint button or switch (depending on detector) and use all metal to pinpoint with. If the signal in all metal is weak, then get doubly excited, because it is usually a good one.HH..........Hombr

Isign4Him said:
Question ? how do ya pinpoint those faint signals.. I got lucky yesterday.. I still havent figured out how lol...on the quarter I got no sound or readings on VDI only a faint hit so I cut a about a 3 inch plug and then I pinpointedm there. Got a nice signal then. Am I on the right track?

On the faint signals with the M6, sometimes the auto ground balance will wash out the signal after a few passes trying to pinpoint the target. Flip the auto trac off and it will continue to read the faint targets and make pinpointing easier.