Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A V3 6X10" DD. Any of you guys using One on the V3. I really liked it on My DFX and MXT. Thanks. :D: :D:

You know, I liked it on my MXT also and considered getting one for the V3. However, after thinking about it there's no reason to. When the 6x9 came out there was no other DD available from White's. Since then they started making the D2. Don't get me wrong, I loved the balance of the 6x9 and the eliptical size allows you to get into some tight areas but other than that I don't see any real advantage to having one on the V3 since it already comes with the D2 (which is a hot coil). I think as far as accesory coils go, your money is better spent on the S12 and the 4x6 shooter. Just my opinion...

It has never been a money problem getting the V3. It is just that I had a DFX for so many years and it never did preform well down here where I live. I ran it every way you could run it. I just don't need another high $$$$$ 8" detector if you know what I mean. The soil here is about med Mineralization and has a sulphur content and salt water salinity base. I guess one more detector won't matter though.:thumbup: Just add it to the rest of the herd I already have. Besides, I need something new to keep this old mind active. I do think after I get it I will really thin out the herd. Been saying that for years but, for me it is just like getting rid of a good friend. I have put so much time in on them as I hunt so much. I guess that I am lucky as I have had the XLT,DFX and still have the MXT it won't be a big learning curve for me. Well let me get out of here and go hunting. Thanks for the only Reply Horsesoldier. I am back to Hunting, Lurking and Reading. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

IMHO the 6x10DD is far superior to the 10D2 on either my MXT or my Vision.

I'm using the 6x10 (with "V" serial number) on the Vision with a correlate program developed by Cybersage (member here). The results are clearly better than the 10D2 in the same environment and with the same program.

There have been recent comments about the 10D2's losing their "trim" due to heat slightly warping of the coil. I believe the closed configuration of the 6x10 helps eliminate that issue. (I had a 10D2 go completely nuts after about two weeks.)

I think the 6x10 would have been a better choice for the stock Vision coil.